No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi music player encyclopedia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumio runs great for me on an Asus Tinker Board. Asus TB has a much better USB out than Pi and acceptable headphone.. I run it via USB straight into my Emotiva DAC. Sounds great.

Comment

Spotify is not supporting its service on Raspberry, which means you cannot access to Spotify music on Raspberry Pi directly. Some users would try to subscribe to Premium plan on Spotify for downloading music, but all the downloads from Spotify are cache files. Therefore, you still cannot enjoy Spotify music on Raspberry Pi even though you are a Premium user.The best method is to download and convert music from Spotify to plain audio formats compatible with Raspberry Pi.you can rip music from Spotify to MP3 or other common audio formats no matter you are subscribing to Premium Plan or not.

Comment

• djg
        djg commented
        Editing a comment
        Some threads are troll magnets.

As Spotify is not working with Raspberry Pi, it needs to find another way to get Spotify on Raspberry. For me, I use a Spotify Music Converter program. With this tool, I can convert and download Spotify songs as local files offline. Then I just need to move them to Raspberry for using directly.

Comment

It occurred to me MONGO would be a great core for a music server. Documents. Everything is a document. Super easy to make up whatever metadata you want.

Comment

Several months ago John Darko posted an interesting video on this topic on YouTube.

Pi-Squeeze! A DIRT-CHEAP music STREAMING system (+ ROON alternative)

"Published on Jul 9, 2020 (Filmed May 2020)
          A dirt-cheap, VPN-capable music server/streamer built around the Squeezebox platform with Raspberry Pi hardware."

More info at this link:
          https://darko.audio/2020/07/a-short-...er-and-server/

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
          of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
          - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
          A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
          (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

A pi does make a great audio streamer and there are so many OS options out there. While the audio hat options seem endless, many of the DACs you may already own have USB input that can be connected to the pi.
            My Builds - Vigor (Nola Brio Knockoff) - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Working...
            X