InDIYana 2017, April 7/8, 2017....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDIYana 2017, April 7/8, 2017....

Not much time to lay out all details, so will post more later. Venue has moved.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Thanks for the heads up.
    John H

SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Looking forward to it Ben.
      Expensive caps need time to break in. More expensive caps take a long time. Cheap caps sound great right out of the box.

Why I don't spray in first gear: http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...t=100_2585.mp4

Comment

Nice, was wondering about the exact date

Comment

Yeah with Easter the following weekend and Axpona the weekend after that, the 7-8 is the best choice.

I will be bringing my Classe preamp and Ben is bringing is Crown amp so front end is set. We are still old school, so the format will still be CD unless someone else wants to bring a media type device
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Would Jason be coming? His Media PC was pretty sweet at InDIYana

Comment

Ani- I believe you mean Iowa, as I've not even seen Jason's server.

Website for Hampton Inn, Dupont, Fort Wayne, Indiana:
              http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...PHX/index.html

To reserve a room in the block, use "DIY Speaker Builders" as the code phrase. A block of 15 rooms has been set aside initially for Friday and Saturday night for you out of towners. Cutoff date for room reservation within the group rate is 3/17/17.

Times reserved for 8am to 10pm on both Friday and Saturday.

There is two way traffic with a median in front of the Hotel, but exiting east of the Lassus Handy Dandy will allow you to cross to the west-bound lane.

Eateries, just to inform you all:
              In front of the Hampton is a Culver's, and just to the east are a BK, Arby's, and Taco Bell.
              Across the highway to the west, on the south side is a surf/turf spot called 'The Trolley Bar' as well as a tex-mex 'Pine Valley Bar and Grill', Domino's Pizza, Jimmy John's, Mancino's Pizza and Grinders,
              North is a Bob Evans.
              West to Auburn Rd has a Starbucks and Panera Bread.
              Further west to Woodland plaza/Pine Valley has McD's, Casa Grande (Mex), Pizza Hut, Hideout125, Penn Station (to the North), Cebolla's (Mex), Zianos (Italian), KFC, and Wendy's; and still Casa Grille, Wings, Etc, and Pita Village.

We are okay to bring in drinks/food as we wish, BUT, alcoholic drinks if brought in to the venue are to remain inside the conference room/venue. If one were to wander outside the venue with an adult beverage (even to the lobby), that would be considered public intoxication and is prohibited by law, and might oust us for the rest of our scheduled time. Please be respectful of others if you intend to imbibe.

We can talk more of the restaurants where and when as a group later...

Remember the theme is Nanotech this year, and I'll be updating the website to reflect all of these changes in short order.

The reasons for the venue change you ask? I felt the majority was unsatisfactory in terms of the Friday night dinner last year. They dropped the ball, and most of the people there weren't very happy. The year before was great! Then the issues with popping the room breaker without having the equipment even running during the moments of downtime/dinner, and the maintenance staff being uncongenial towards the end of the day, as well as the adjacent room being occupied and having a governor on the output level to suit their needs. Then there was the lack of parking, and the room setup being basically disregarded from planned.
              ...and mainly...
              I did not get a reply from the planner when I inquired for the event this year.

The Hampton is maybe 3 years old if that now, they have been attentive to everything, and thorough with information. AND- it's cheaper! The benefactor was happy to hear that as well. There was only written confirmation, and no down payment required. The loading/unloading will be under an awning, and have to go through the lobby as the hotel has no entrance from the road immediately to the rear of the building.
              The room is more similar to that of the Hyatt without the deep ceiling issues, but maybe not quite as long and about the same width. I think it will suit us well.

More info to come,
              Wolf
              Last edited by Wolf; 01-06-2017, 01:33 PM.
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Sounds awesome Wolf! Unfortunately I have much less flexibility at my new job and may not be able to make it for the first time in 6 years. I'm still gunning to drive down Saturday morning, but I won't know until the day before. If I do make it, I won't have a theme build.

I'm anxious to see/hear the new venue. I always really liked the Hyatt, but didn't care so much for Hotel Ft Wayne.

Dan
                The Hurricanes
                The Baronettes
                Conneccentric
                UX3

Comment

Nice area of town - my old crusin' grounds ( In-Laws live close on Union Chapel )
                  "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                  "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
                    Would Jason be coming? His Media PC was pretty sweet at InDIYana

yes, sorry IOWA. It was pretty seamless, and I think Jason was also controlling it remotely from his phone/tablet.

Comment

I'll be there with a new pair of speakers currently underway.
                      Paul

Comment

Thanks, Wolf. I'm planning to come and may possibly even bring my current project. Sent from my 7040T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll probably be there as well. Won't be competing but I'll have a few things to bring.
                          -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

I should be there this year as well, Friday and Saturday.
                            "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                            "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

It would be cool to go to DIY Indiana, maybe I'll ask the wife if it's doable. I'd love to get there for that one.
                              TomZ
                              *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                              *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Working...
                              X