Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isaeagle4031
    Give us some details!
    PS-95 and W5-2053, 2 Peerless 5" PR, crossed over around 300hz, mid is housed in its own enclosure, total volume including the mid enclosure under 3l, solid Mohagany

One of the most precisely built enclosures I've ever done simply to hold air volume specs, all cuts toleranced to 1/32", fortunately they were tiny! =)

Thanks!
    Javad
    --
    Javad Shadzi
    Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

• Originally posted by isaeagle4031
      Give us some details!
      PS-95 and W5-2053, 2 Peerless 5" PR, crossed over around 300hz, mid is housed in its own enclosure, total volume including the mid enclosure under 3l, solid Mohagany One of the most precisely built enclosures I've ever done simply to hold air volume specs, all cuts toleranced to 1/32", fortunately they were tiny! =) Javad
      --
      Javad Shadzi
      Bay Area, CA

Comment

• That's a nice tiny spkr!!!

Comment

• Just a note-
          3/17/17 is the cutoff for the room-block at the reduced rate. If you want a room at this cost, you have 4 days left.

I like what I'm seeing people make for this! This is going to be fun! 32 speakers total currently, and about that many people. It's only about 25 days away, folks!!!

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Sure hope the weather is not like it was last year or even now!
            Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
            Just a note-
            3/17/17 is the cutoff for the room-block at the reduced rate. If you want a room at this cost, you have 4 days left.

I like what I'm seeing people make for this! This is going to be fun! 32 speakers total currently, and about that many people. It's only about 25 days away, folks!!!

Later,
            Wolf

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
              Sure hope the weather is not like it was last year or even now!
              Paul
              Bring it on, it's 80 degrees and Sunny here =)
              --
              Javad Shadzi
              Bay Area, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by jhollander View Post

Nice to see you are still giving the lathe a workout.
                Ha! Ha! Yeah I used it to turn the wave guide. I was thinking about making a terminal cup out of aluminum with it, but there is just no time.

Comment

• Anyone else have trouble booking a room? The code box won't take the whole code, it only take diy sp, and then tells me the rate isn't available. Oh well I guess I'll just call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ugly woofer View Post
                    Anyone else have trouble booking a room? The code box won't take the whole code, it only take diy sp, and then tells me the rate isn't available. Oh well I guess I'll just call.
                    Yea I called yesterday and was able to book no problem, only catch was the event rooms start on the 7th and I had to book a room on the 6th on account of flying in a day early.
                    --
                    Javad Shadzi
                    Bay Area, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by ugly woofer
                      Anyone else have trouble booking a room? The code box won't take the whole code, it only take diy sp, and then tells me the rate isn't available. Oh well I guess I'll just call.
                      Yeah, same problem. I had to call in.
                      -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ugly woofer View Post
                        I will be bringing these little guys, and will bring the odd shaped ones most likely with the crossovers an external mess, as they are a work in progress, if its okay that they aren't 100%.
                        I like the one on the right especially. I love that metal stuff you do. Don't take this the wrong way but at a glance it kind of reminds me of a 'Minion' (the kind with only one eye in this case) I'm sure that will change when you get a color going on that doesn't look so close to the yellow skin they have. Nice stuff, looking forward to seeing it in person.

TomZ
                        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

• Originally posted by JavadS View Post

Yea I called yesterday and was able to book no problem, only catch was the event rooms start on the 7th and I had to book a room on the 6th on account of flying in a day early.
                          I'll be game for dinner Thursday night if you are around. I have Wed/Thurs/Fri all off that week with good reason.

As to the weather- last year's InDIYana Saturday was one of the few days (if not the only day!) I've seen sun, sleet, snow, and rain all in less than a 12 hour period. And to commemorate this event, Prince's "It Sometimes Snows in April" will be on the event disc. I know it's a slow song, but there will be other peppier tracks to offset it.

Looking forward to it,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

I like the one on the right especially. I love that metal stuff you do. Don't take this the wrong way but at a glance it kind of reminds me of a 'Minion' (the kind with only one eye in this case) I'm sure that will change when you get a color going on that doesn't look so close to the yellow skin they have. Nice stuff, looking forward to seeing it in person.

TomZ
                            Thanks Tom. I never noticed, but you are right it does kind of look like a minion.....I should of painted it banana yellow.

Comment

• Javad, how thick is that mahogany? Looks substantial.

Comment

Working...
                              X