No announcement yet.

Dayton DC28F specs and FRD discrepancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kevin. I will get this info to the powers that be for updates.

Should anyone else find similar issues with products on the website please PM me so I can get it fixed.

Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Thump-Lump View Post
      FYI....I also placed an inquiry to Dayton Audio. Have yet to hear back.
      Thump,

Did you ever hear back from Dayton/PE?
      Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post

Thump,

Did you ever hear back from Dayton/PE?
        Yes....Yesterday. They attached the .frd file and graph that you posted earlier. Here is the text from their email.....

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Here is what our Product Technician had to say...

As per the thread on the forum I tested the DC28 SPL and our current spec sheet is reading 6-7 dB high. Attached are the files I just measured.

Best regards,

Jill Chupka
        Marketing Coordinator
        Dayton Audio
        705 Pleasant Valley Dr.
        Springboro, OH 45066
        http://www.daytonaudio.com
        O: (937) 743-8248 ext. 157
        F: (937) 743-1677
        [email protected]

Does this mean I can get a free pair of DC28F-8 tweets now????

Comment

I guess the lack of an answer means I'm not getting a free pair of DC28F tweets. :( :( :(

Comment

Not that it matters to me, but I was wondering when the new specs, FRD file, etc, will show up on the PE web page for the DC28F-8? I just checked and it hadn't been updated for everyone else that may not read the forums and catch this particular thread.

Comment

I guess the lack of an answer means I'm not getting a free pair of DC28F tweets. :( :( :(

Not that it matters to me, but I was wondering when the new specs, FRD file, etc, will show up on the PE web page for the DC28F-8? I just checked and it hadn't been updated for everyone else that may not read the forums and catch this particular thread.
              I'm sorry Thump, we cannot provide free product but we really do appreciate the heads-up and feedback regarding this issue.

I'm not sure why the specs have yet to be fixed. I will poke the product manager tomorrow and have this updated.

MP
              Your results may vary.

Comment

I'm sorry Thump, we cannot provide free product but we really do appreciate the heads-up and feedback regarding this issue.
                I was just kidding about the free tweets and never really expected any. (but it doesn't hurt to try )

I'm not sure why the specs have yet to be fixed. I will poke the product manager tomorrow and have this updated.MP
                I just checked the sales page for the DC28F-8 where the specs are and they are still unchanged.

Comment

Working...
                X