PE Subwoofer Pre-Amp - Exposed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolson2011 View Post

I haven't modified the original module, I recreated (or at least tried to) it based on your recommendations and the schematic provided, with the changes in place. Essentially, I'm trying to make it work as a variable high pass filter, leaving only ~80-120hz and below pass through that particular filter.

I guess I should say that I haven't purchased the original module, or the update to it.
    I'm confused: "​... make it work as a variable high pass filter, leaving only ~80-120hz and below pass through..."

Low pass leaving only ~80-120hz and below; or
    High pass leaving only ~80-120hz and above.

One or the other ...

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
      I'm confused: "​... make it work as a variable high pass filter, leaving only ~80-120hz and below pass through..."

Low pass leaving only ~80-120hz and below; or
      High pass leaving only ~80-120hz and above.

One or the other ...
      My mistake. I want to use it as a subwoofer pre-amp, letting only ~80-120hz and below through.

Comment

Originally posted by bolson2011 View Post

I haven't modified the original module, I recreated (or at least tried to) it based on your recommendations and the schematic provided, with the changes in place. Essentially, I'm trying to make it work as a variable high pass filter, leaving only ~80-120hz and below pass through that particular filter.

I guess I should say that I haven't purchased the original module, or the update to it.
        I'm not so sure I can help you with that. Debug a home built board from afar.

But the need for this type of module arises from time to time. And there isn't an off-the-shelf module that performs.

When I tested the Sanwu pre-amp, its performance seemed identical to the original PE mode; same two issues. One may not matter. Your target range is close / within the Sanwu's range (and the PE for that matter). The other, decreasing volume with decreasing frequency was a show stopper. But that only requires removing one resistor. The part (ebay / aliexpress) is ~$8 sjipped.. If you want to try that route, let me know. I'll it out and take a look to see if it's feasible.

If you really need one, I start with the new module and replace parts (both Pots - 50K & 20K - and add back a 10K resistor, IIRC). the parts will cost you ~$10 at DigiKey

Comment

Working...
        X