Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knocked the dust off.. built something spectacular. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocked the dust off.. built something spectacular. :)

Hey fellas,
    My company has been throwing the idea around of incorporating some bluetooth speakers into our products; these speakers are relatively small, so LACKING in the bass department. Well, I couldn't just sit by and let that slide. So.. a bluetooth subwoofer had to happen, plus; I've just been chomping at the bit to build something again. Job, kids, life... it just drags a guy through the mud. ENOUGH!

What is it? Well.. it's the acclaimed Tang-Band W5-1138SMF in a down-firing vented configuration. This is being fed by a TPA-3116 running in mono mode (100x1), a 24VDC 5A supply, a Low pass crossover and of course a bluetooth receiver. Needless to say, the folks here drooled over it a little, which makes me happy that I made that top plate out of aluminum. The rest of the cab is your basic lamination stack-up build, covered in maple veneer and hit with a pecan polyurethane stain. Generally speaking, I think I won with this one.

~Mark

Stuff I've builded

Looks awesome! Do we get to see the guts too?

Comment

Nice lookin' speaker for sure!
      Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Pretty.... looks very pro

Comment

I remember the superb job you did on your Overnight Sensations when Paul first designed them. You certainly haven't lost your chops!

Outstanding!
          Bill Schneider
          -+-+-+-+-
          One word = one milli-picture

Comment

Originally posted by WWWJD View Post
            ... Job, kids, life... it just drags a guy through the mud.

I think I won with this one.
            It'll get better.

You did.

Very, very nice sub.

Comment

You have been missed!

Great design!

Comment

Nice design conception and flawless execution. very pro.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Very attractive.
                  Paul

Comment

Looks very professional

I, too, would like to see more construction details.

Comment

That's so cool!
                      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Spectacular looking!! Surely you have more than just this one pic from the build?? I would love to see the details just like some of the other guys.
                        My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                        Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                        Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                        The Archers
                        Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                        The Gandalf's

Comment

How did you do the top plate? Shoot the entire thing black then machine away to reveal the aluminum? It looks great.
                          Expensive caps need time to break in. More expensive caps take a long time. Cheap caps sound great right out of the box.

Why I don't spray in first gear: http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...t=100_2585.mp4

Comment

Wow that's awesome! Wish I had construction skills that good!

Comment

Awesome - the Reuleaux triangle happens to be the symbol used by my alma mater, so I really like it.
                              It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Working...
                              X