Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knocked the dust off.. built something spectacular. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet shape reminds me of a rotor from a Mazda 13B

Comment

WOW! That looks amazing.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by weinstro View Post
          Cabinet shape reminds me of a rotor from a Mazda 13B
          Yeah, definitely getting a Wankel Rotary vibe from it.
          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Looks like this will just have to go down as a big tease. It's been a week and still no more pics or details, have to say I'm disappointed. Really wanted to see more on how this cabinet was constructed.
            My "No-Name" CC Speaker
            Kerry's "Silverbacks"
            Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
            The Archers
            Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
            The Gandalf's

Comment

It's a translam stack he said, so there's not much to it. Make a template, and repeat.

Later,
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

C'mon Ben, a project like this and one pic explains it all, not hardly. Having built a translam, I was more curious how he prevented the end grains of the plywood or MDF from "ghosting" thru the veneer. Perhaps a sacrificial veneer before the final veneer but that would only be known if more details were shared. The aluminum plate on top is also very interesting, more details on how that was made would be nice also.
                My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                The Archers
                Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                The Gandalf's

Comment

I'd like to know how it's wired.
                  Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Lol @ tease. Sorry y'all. Been a crazy week. Traveling for work and the ol' man's in the hospital. I'll update the OP when I get a chance to sit down and race the PE edit post timer.
                    ~Mark

Stuff I've builded

Comment

Originally posted by WWWJD View Post
                      Lol @ tease. Sorry y'all. Been a crazy week. Traveling for work and the ol' man's in the hospital. I'll update the OP when I get a chance to sit down and race the PE edit post timer.
                      Type it up in Notepad or any other text editor, then copy and paste into a post.
                      It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Originally posted by WWWJD View Post
                        You must check the box "keep me logged in" when signing on to Tech Talk. It's not a post editing timer, it's the auto inactivity timeout when you haven't checked "keep me logged in". Apparently, TT doesn't register "activity" when in posting mode.

Auto logout would happen to me all the time on long posts until I realized you need to check the Keep me logged in box. Now I can take days to finish a post (be aware of the Once-a-Month logout that TT implements).

Comment

Working...
                        X