Funny Observation on Speaker Wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Observation on Speaker Wire

No flames, please. I'm bored and was just reading an article by Roger Russell. He made this humorous observation concerning the claims made by uber-expensive speaker wire companies:

"We have been told by advertising that the exotic speaker wires offer fabulous advantages over ordinary lamp cord. It would seem reasonable that using this same wire for lamps would also enhance their performance. In the same vein as wire literature, you can have your lamp reproduce light with the full spectrum color fidelity of natural daylight, finally allowing you see light the way it should be seen and bring out the natural performance of your lamp. It could offer greater warmth, detail, brilliance, definition and speed by providing wider bandwidth and reduced skin effect. It can provide a distortion free illumination that reduces eye strain, resulting in clearer vision and optimal color perception. It can allow you to work for longer periods of time with less visual distraction or fatigue. Just imagine what it might do for your electric razor or microwave, etc.!"

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#cartoons

Careful; the internet + speaker wire = total chaos ;)
    Francis

Comment

Roger Russel is the man.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Yeah, it would take something really special to best my 14ga orange outdoor extension cords re-purposed as speaker cables, lol. Seriously, they work well!

Comment

Well, it did make my Fluorescent light ballasts hum at a more pleasant timbre!
          Last edited by ; 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by make_some_noise View Post
            Yeah, it would take something really special to best my 14ga orange outdoor extension cords re-purposed as speaker cables, lol. Seriously, they work well!

Me, too!

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

I enjoyed that link and found the hitler video, fantastic.
              John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Fantastic link, thanks!
                Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                Wogg Music

Comment

I'm definitely going to try some hi-zoot wire on my microwave! Could cut the time reheating my coffee in half.

Comment

It is funny when someone smart and capable makes a profession out of being the exact thing they despise.

Who is he preaching to that is not already enducated and understands that high price cable is a rip-off?

He preaches, his followers say amen. That simple.

Someone writes a book about politician A, no follower of politician B will read it...Only the followers of politician A will read it to say little more than "Yeah! We are right!" Because it makes them feel good.

His comparison is teadious. Heck, this is ok, but someone uses an automotive analogy in a thread and they are acting sophmoric! I digress.

He is a super bright guy who could spend his time and aquired skillset using it to do some real scientific work, picking up where several true scientific minds have left off with the proven and acknowledged, measurable difference cables can make when concidering the amplifier/cable/speaker interactions.

This is regardless of cost. We know money does not buy magic.

I would do it myself except my passions lie elsewhere, and I lack both the formal education and resources. Se la vie!

Comment

There is really only one reason I would ever buy high priced speaker wire, and its ability to accurately deliver electrons to the voice coils and crossover components simply does not factor in one bit.

I do have a favorite boutique wire brand, and it is ridiculously priced. But damn, is it ever cool looking stuff. I love it when we have it in the room at audio events.

http://verastarr.com/illusion-signature/

Best of all, it doesn't ruin the sound.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

What I find funniest about the speaker wire/power cable zealots is how they completely ignore the 100' of solid core copper in the inductors and voice coils between the speaker wire terminals and the 100' of Romex in the walls leading up to the wall socket.
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

Not to mention the hundreds of miles of aged, weathered power lines from the power plant to your house.

Comment

You nay-sayers go ahead and make fun of these type of cables. Of course they make a huge difference in the quality of the sound. I have experienced this myself! The only reason why you yourselves have failed to experience this is because you have plugged your power cords into a regular receptacle!

When using these type of cables, it is absolutely imperative to simultaneously plug your power cords into a special receptacle such as this:

http://www.parts-express.com/wattgat...utlet--110-439

Read the reviews of this receptacle and you will change your mind!
                            Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Hopefully, since PE doesn't sell these, it is permitted.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003G4IM4S...d_i=1001250201

Comment

Working...
                              X