No announcement yet.

Funny Observation on Speaker Wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete they look like belts and suspenders, kind of ironic.
    John H

BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim ,Aperivox,

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
      Pete they look like belts and suspenders, kind of ironic.
      And they lay on the floor like cooked pasta. Super flexible. You can tell quite a bit of work goes into the assembly of each cable.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
        There is really only one reason I would ever buy high priced speaker wire, and its ability to accurately deliver electrons to the voice coils and crossover components simply does not factor in one bit.

....snip

Best of all, it doesn't ruin the sound.
        I'm with you Pete. If I had a LOT of extra cash, I'd definitely spend some of it on wires- just because they look incredible and they're well thought out... not because I would be anticipating any earth shattering enhancements to sound quality.
        "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
        "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

C'est la vie!

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
            C'est la vie!
            Oui' oui'!
            Facebook Page - Ocean State Acoustics

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

I'm with you Pete. If I had a LOT of extra cash, I'd definitely spend some of it on wires- just because they look incredible and they're well thought out... not because I would be anticipating any earth shattering enhancements to sound quality.
              ​I try and take a moderate approach when it comes to cables and such. I'm willing to pay for low resistance, low inductance and low capacitance, but not for the name or the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

​I try and take a moderate approach when it comes to cables and such. I'm willing to pay for low resistance, low inductance and low capacitance, but not for the name or the hype.
                I'm not willing to pay for it, that was my point, I actually just use standard zip wire. At best I might braid it or wrap it with Tech-flex because it looks cool (and I like banana plugs because they're easy), but I don't put any stock in any of the hype. If I had lottery money I would spring for some of the expensive wire/cables because it looks cool... but like I said, I wouldn't put much stock in earth shattering improvements to sound quality.
                "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

I use some base model cables and interconnects from Analysis Plus. I bought them before I knew better about boutique cabling, however I got them at accommodation pricing, so between that and their entry level position in the line, I feel they were at least relatively reasonably priced, look nice, and are good quality with nice connectors on the rcas and bfas on the speaker wires. They aren't fancy or silver plated or diamond encrusted or whatever, just copper. I'm satisfied with what I have.

Otherwise I just look for good quality to price ratio, like finding true ofc lamp cord,which seems to be hard today. Last I bought was a killer deal on some nicer stuff from the shack when they closed several stores and clearanced everything.

My position on analog interconnects is that they can sound different, but expensive doesn't necessarily mean better..
                  Projects:

transcenD: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...5035-transcend
                  Summits: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...75-The-Summits
                  References: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-My-References
                  Vintage Style 2-way: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-vintage-2-way

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

I'm not willing to pay for it, that was my point, I actually just use standard zip wire. At best I might braid it or wrap it with Tech-flex because it looks cool (and I like banana plugs because they're easy), but I don't put any stock in any of the hype. If I had lottery money I would spring for some of the expensive wire/cables because it looks cool... but like I said, I wouldn't put much stock in earth shattering improvements to sound quality.
                    When I said that I was willing to pay, it didn't mean that I would pay a lot! I like many others have made my own interconnects and I'm quite happy with them. I merely paid for the parts, materials. I always measure cables or such that I've put together, usually with very good results.

Comment

IMO, if two different cables have the same (within reasonable tolerances) measured resistance, capacitance and inductance, it doesn't matter what they're made of or how they look or how much they cost; it is illogical for them to "sound" any different. There are far more important areas in audio on which to spend one's money.
                      Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X