Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC CMR vs Jupiter VT vs Jantzen Silver, Opinions Pls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC CMR vs Jupiter VT vs Jantzen Silver, Opinions Pls?

Hello Audio Experts!
    Now I'm running the Silver Jantzens, but would love to hear opinions on it vs the Clarity CMR vs Jupiter VT. Like, how mellow do I want to go?
    TIA! Murf

In regards to what?
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

For the tweet & mid of my big 3-ways, in series, 4.7uf & 15uf.
      Murf

Comment

Which tweeter and mid ?
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Tweets are SS D2905/9900
          Mids Seas Excel M15CH-002 Nextel

Murf

Comment

From what I've learned, I don't find either the older Clarity MR or Jantzen Silver Z-Caps to be bad choices. I think the Silvers are a touch more 'open' sounding, but that is just a matter of taste. I think I'd keep the Silvers on the 9900s. I've not heard the Jupiters to my knowledge, so I can't vouch for those. My thought would be to 'open' the tweeter, and 'smooth out' the metal, but your mileage may vary.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

One thing to consider is the size of the Jupiter caps, they are gigantic. I do like them. I like the Mundorf sil/oil with the 9900 tweets. I am playing with them and some Eton 372 heat pipe woofers right now.
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                One thing to consider is the size of the Jupiter caps, they are gigantic. I do like them. I like the Mundorf sil/oil with the 9900 tweets....
                No prob with cap size, since the xovers are external. The Mundorf S/O are very tempting & I am actually considering them, but of course, they cost more, so....

Murf

Comment

Obbligatos Premiums are another good option for smooth. I'd rank them between CC ESA and MR.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    ... My thought would be to 'open' the tweeter, and 'smooth out' the metal, but your mileage may vary.

Later,
                    Wolf
                    Thanks for the replys.
                    Hi Wolf,
                    What metal?

Hi Wushuliu,
                    Good info, but I want to go at least as 'fancy' as the MR, and maybe more so. We only live once!

Murf

Comment

Tony Gee (Humblehomemadehifi.com) Is testing the new Clarity Cap CMR at the moment.

Comment

Yes, but I don't know how long that Tony Gee CMR test has been pending, or when it will be done....
                        Conceptually, I like that added copper layer in the CMR, but I would like to hear any personal opinions.
                        Murf

Comment

Audyn Plus are good caps and not that expensive. Jantzen have a new high end foil cap which troels tested http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Alumen_Z-Cap.htm

Comment

Hi Bill,
                            I hadn't seen the Alumen Z-cap; thanks. It costs about the same as the CMR, but doesn't have a 15uf value, only the 4.7uf I need.
                            And as with the CMR, it is too new to have many opinions or 'tests' out on it.

Murf

Comment

Mundorf M-cap Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil sound a bit unnatural when used as coupling caps In my amplifier. Mids are smoother and darker than the standard M-cap Supreme but highs seem a bit OTT IMO. Also, the Supreme range always seem louder than other polyprops to my ears - Anyone else notice that?

Comment

Working...
                              X