No announcement yet.

C-Note MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Pair & Other kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could get some ripple from the .22 cap but not that much. Still think separating the x-o for the tweeter is a good test
    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CNmole.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1442278
      Orange is your filtered woofer, red is w/C3 connected, yellow is leaving C3 out, and green is how your C-Notes measure.
      Like I've said, you can't really get a "boost" @ 12k by changing your component values.
      Almost the only way to get a boost in your summation (above the filtered tweeter plot) would be if the woofer (@12k) was loud enough to be significantly "additive", but I THINK (@12k) it's down by -40dB?
      thanks for the sims chris

i have a cnote center also available to test, i'll do some measurements of that, and two other tweeters i can hook up to see if i get some unwanted responses from them

after that, what else could it be? or is it just how it is supposed to measure? just trying to rule out anything i can

i'll do another round of measurements with my denon, and i've already done another measurement of a polk speaker to ensure i'm not getting the same measurement rise indicating somethign is wrong with the mic (although i suppose it certainly could be)

i have some diysoundgroup fusion 8's in the basement i can rip out from behind the screen to measure as well to see if i'm getting this rise too. again, just trying to rule anything on my end out other than perhaps something wrong with the wiring, crossover, or tweeter

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        Orange is your filtered woofer, red is w/C3 connected, yellow is leaving C3 out, and green is how your C-Notes measure.
        Like I've said, you can't really get a "boost" @ 12k by changing your component values.
        Almost the only way to get a boost in your summation (above the filtered tweeter plot) would be if the woofer (@12k) was loud enough to be significantly "additive", but I THINK (@12k) it's down by -40dB?
        well, so here is my final post before i leave it in the capable hands of PE to determine the outcome

my only drawn conclusion is in fact that the tweeter design has changed

i think the smoking gun for my conclusion is the posted response of the c-note center channel, which upon further inspection, has the exact rise i'm seeing in my MT versions as well, HF rise starting at 7khz

below are the latest measurements, taken at 1m, with my denon 2310ci (not my tp22 which was exaggerating the lift) measured with a umik1

thanks for everyone who lent a helping hand, and chris (who i believe you are the cnote designer?) appreciate the response. not sure if my findings may trigger a small update to the design or not to pull the response down, but i think PE should update the posted curves so people can be sure to compare it to the proper ones before they assume something is wrong
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X