C-Note MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Pair & Other kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan Steeves View Post
    aah...good news...It is possible they are waiting on the Dayton BPA-38G HD Binding Post , which seem to also be out of stock. Wondering if there's an alternative they DO have in stock so they could ship out asap.
    I was going to order binding posts but the 2 or 3 I wanted were all out of stock.
    I'll borrow some from another project, replace them later.

Comment

My kit will be here tomorrow, I hope I can star building right away. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what bracing would work best for this box. In my head a couple of dowel braces side to side should do the job.
      Let me know what your thoughts are and any other advice you might have.

Comment

well, that was a bit of a pain in my butt.

Had to call Parts-Express twice to get the order right, only to realize I could not order through phone, because they did not have the option for 'UPS Standard' shipping available (was only available for online orders), and the next best option was USPS which was more than double the price to ship to Canada! So I had them cancel the order and I then re-ordered again online, with binding posts that were in stock, the C-note speaker kit and a pack of 100 pan-head black screws (can never have enough of those for speaker builds!)

Hopefully, the order will be assembled and shipped out today, as I am in Canada it should take a bit longer for shipping. Then dealing with UPS to give me documentation for taxes, since they always try to charge crazy premiums, whereas I always clear the items myself and pay much less.

Comment

My tracking for binding posts and the .22 caps finally appeared and it says Monday estimated delivery - meh. I hope to get it by Friday so I have the weekend to complete build.

Comment

Originally posted by ronk View Post
            My tracking for binding posts and the .22 caps finally appeared and it says Monday estimated delivery - meh. I hope to get it by Friday so I have the weekend to complete build.

Be sure to post pics of the build (maybe in a different thread) and the final product :D love speaker p0rn!

Comment

got these on the way myself. I read the the manual and noticed there is no call for polyfill or anything on the like which I guess I find odd. Any input on this?

Comment

It is bass reflex. I generally line the sides, back, and maybe top for bass reflex cabinets. Some manufacturers only line one side and back. You want the air to resonate as a Helmholtz resonator for a bass reflex cabinet. You can add a bit of polyfil or pillow fill if necessary. Do not over stuff the cabinet and do not cover the port or the back of the woofer.

Comment

I would figure at least the walls would be lined with something but I do not claim to an expert of any sort.

Comment

Mine just arrived.

Comment

So mine finally shipped out yesterday, UPS delivery says next Monday :D

Comment

I am off today and have started my C-Note build. I have completed the enclosure minus the baffle ( I will do that second last), painted the inside of the enclosure (mostly to reduce MDF smell), primed the outer part of the baffle, and spray painted the baffle with stone finish. At the very least, I need a second coat of the stone paint on the baffle as the paint job is uneven. But it is snowing outside and will be cold for the next few days. It looks like my build will not be completed this weekend. No idea where my caps and binding posts are -- somewhere where the package was transferred from UPS to USPS. Maybe I might get it today or tomorrow. I will build the crossover once I get the stuff. I have already cut some plywood to use as the crossover board. I will get lazy and vinyl wrap the box or prime and paint with leftover paint. The vinyl cover I have is low quality for lining cabinets.

Comment

nice, grab some pics! My speakers should arrive Monday; since they shipped with my binding posts, I should be able to do the assembly of cabinets and wire up crossovers before the end of the week next week :D I will need to build some speaker stands though to bring the drivers to the same level as the Amiga towers, as these will be placed in back of my couch.

Comment

Cannot load pics as file size is too large.

Comment

OK, found a compressor app.

Comment

Nice! Funny you notice the smell of MDF so much...I barely notice it, maybe only when it's freshly cut. I think the smell of paint would bother me more, but that dissipates after a short while.

Did the pre-cut cabinet pieces come routed on the edges like it is on PE's website images, for a perfect assembly of the sides/front/back panels on the base/top panels?

Comment

Working...
                                X