X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thekorvers
    started a topic C-Note MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Pair & Other kits

C-Note MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Pair & Other kits

Did anyone see this kit? Looks like a very good deal and a great way to introduce someone to this great hobby of ours. The frequency response looks pretty good (don't know how much smoothing is applied):

http://www.parts-express.com/c-note-...ets--300-7140#!

There are a few other interesting kits and items as well:

http://www.parts-express.com/promo/n...gn=email021317

• ejh2854
    replied
    umm... "Wow", you have got to be kidding me for a hundred bucks.

Just got the xo's done today, couldn't resist throwing the drivers in with a couple of screws each just to get an idea of what the fuss was about... I built these to replace the Quarks in my office, and as much as I like the Quarks these are a substantial increase in muscle. Running them on a Dayton DTA-2.1BT (https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...pply--300-3830 with the same Anarchy TH, more than enough juice to be 'waay louder than I'll ever listen in here. I see why you guys have been raving about these boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Swerve City
    replied
    Made my crossovers today. I also used the 3x5 circuit board and did all my soldering joints underneath.

Leave a comment:

• flyinglotus1983
    replied
    Finally got my C-Notes built and hooked them up today. At first it was just one speaker because the second one still had glue drying. Was pretty disappointed in the lack of bass and it didn't sound spectacular in any way at the time. I was seriousness considering logging in here and firing off an email about how disappointed I was.

So then, after the second one was done and I plugged it in, situated the speakers just so, and put on some testing music... Holy crap. These things image like crazy. It's holographic pinpoint, and it doesn't even break a sweat doing this. Considering that this is the first set of speakers I've owned that do this, I'm impressed. They're not perfect by any means. But I do see what all the fuss is about.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Listened to my c note aafter playing with my tabaq. Nice sound from. C note and more bass than tabaq.

happy 2018 c note i wners.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff F.
    replied
    Anybody interested in the C-notes for $90, use coupon code KIRBYTEN at checkout through 12-31-17.

Leave a comment:

• ejh2854
    replied
    Ordered the kit on the 27th, and it's already here... not bad, PE! The box looks like UPS simply kicked it here (NC) from Ohio, but everything's intact.

Looks like a meaningful-step-up from the Quarks currently running in the office- not that there was any complaint as it was.

Leave a comment:

• Swerve City
    replied
    I got a C-Note kit for Christmas. I'm very excited to start building. I'm trying to go cheap, but already filled an $80ish cart to finish them off.

Leave a comment:

• mmbone4
    replied
    sounds like its worth a try at least...thanks Chris! Happy New Years Guys!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    Originally posted by mmbone4 View Post
    Built the C-Notes about a month ago. Sound very clean and cannot be beat for the money. I am trying to create a specific look for these. I am wanting to seperate the tweeter and woofer about an inch. I know it will effect the timing/sound. BUT...how much? Chris, can you look at this and simulate it and tell me if seperating them about an inch wold make a huge difference? Thanks for such a great speaker design! MB
    Thanks mmbone4,

Separating them by an inch or so won't be so bad really. You may notice some vertical lobing (dips when physically moving up and down), especially within 6 feet or so, but it would only be a few dBs in the 1,000 to 5,000 Hz range. Nothing terrible... peaks in that range will sound harsh, dips just sound different. Move further away and you probably won't even notice the difference.

Leave a comment:

• mmbone4
    replied
    Built the C-Notes about a month ago. Sound very clean and cannot be beat for the money. I am trying to create a specific look for these. I am wanting to seperate the tweeter and woofer about an inch. I know it will effect the timing/sound. BUT...how much? Chris, can you look at this and simulate it and tell me if seperating them about an inch wold make a huge difference?

Thanks for such a great speaker design!

MB

Leave a comment:

• flyinglotus1983
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff F. View Post
    I always use rubber feet on the bottom of my speaker cabinets. I use different sizes based on the cabinet size/weight. I used these https://www.parts-express.com/penn-e...31-h--260-7706 on my OS's and I think they would work for the C-Note's too. I usually look for a low profile height, I don't want my speakers looking like they are on stilts.
    These were the ones I put into my card when I purchased the C-Notes: https://www.parts-express.com/penn-e...-05-h--260-773 It looks pretty close to the ones you linked, although I'm not sure that either actually list a durometer or hardness. I'm a bit worried that they could be too hard, but I guess I'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by flyinglotus1983 View Post
    Hi, I just purchased the C-Note kit. This is my first bookshelf / indoor speaker project (I come from the world of car audio). I'm pretty excited about this build, but had a quick question. What damping material, if any, should i use between the speaker enclosure and my desk? It seems that most people that have built C-Notes or Overnight Sensations don't install any hardware on the bottom of the enclosure. No feet, spikes, rubber pads, felt pads, etc. Wouldn't this create audible resonances and annoying noises? Or am I over-thinking it?
    Just brainstorming ... no experience with using it for speakers. These neoprene "like" mats are 3 mm thick and can be easily cut to size ...

Mouse.png

Leave a comment:

• Jeff F.
    replied
    Originally posted by flyinglotus1983 View Post
    Hi, I just purchased the C-Note kit. This is my first bookshelf / indoor speaker project (I come from the world of car audio). I'm pretty excited about this build, but had a quick question. What damping material, if any, should i use between the speaker enclosure and my desk? It seems that most people that have built C-Notes or Overnight Sensations don't install any hardware on the bottom of the enclosure. No feet, spikes, rubber pads, felt pads, etc. Wouldn't this create audible resonances and annoying noises? Or am I over-thinking it?
    I always use rubber feet on the bottom of my speaker cabinets. I use different sizes based on the cabinet size/weight. I used these https://www.parts-express.com/penn-e...31-h--260-7706 on my OS's and I think they would work for the C-Note's too. I usually look for a low profile height, I don't want my speakers looking like they are on stilts.

Leave a comment:

• flyinglotus1983
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X