Big progress today, pumped! Started with the discs that will tie the dowel spine to each brace layer, the top layer cap doesn't go all the way through as the horn is too deep to allow the spine to go all the way to the top, this will tie that in separately with a flat brace that will also support the horn. I've been pretty anxious about the driver cutouts, it's amazing how much vacuuming in the shop you can do as you put off the inevitable! =) I used tape to hold the template down, but the usual wood working/carpet tape was too thin and weak, last thing I could afford would be the template moving at all. I ended up using high strength 3M foam tape, which was very secure I used the following router setup I ended up cutting out the driver openings with a jigsaw, plunge routing through 1.25" of Mahogany just didn't work out, but the aluminum insert was a very accurate template to trace them cut from And where things left off, things will go relatively quick from here, I should have drivers mounted and playing by the end of the week so I can start doing measurements. Thanks! Javad
No announcement yet.
MWAF Project - Strafi Translam Build