Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a lot of sawdust this past weekend cutting MDF for a pair of STATEMENTS II.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
    Why?, it is not that hard to leave a 1/64" overhang. Routing off 1/8" of MDF will fill your workspace/airspace with unwanted superfine dust. Dust is unavoidable but
    ​you can minimize it. After routing you still have to sand the joint flush as there is always still a C-hair left and that is a good thing so when the glue has cured you can
    flush up the joint.
    Well if you don't have access to tools that are accurate to 1/64 it is better to have too much rather than not enough. Also how many tablesaws are that accurate? If it is only 1/64 why bother with a flush trim bit? Might as well just sand it at that point.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by View Post

      I'm sure both Curt and Jim are capable of sticking up for themselves, rebutting my criticism and complaints. Jim however was a gentleman, refused to lower himself by name calling and such. The rest of you should do the same. It's OK to disagree without the childish name calling.
      Yeah... I wasn't name calling, simply spoke my mind, which I'm sure everyone here knows is nothing you're a stranger to doing. I also know that Curt and Jim can speak for themselves and don't need my co-councel. I took the liberty of speaking up (without name calling) because I get sick of all your negative comments while not really offering much here by way of anything helpful or positive.
      "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
      "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

        Yeah... I wasn't name calling, simply spoke my mind, which I'm sure everyone here knows is nothing you're a stranger to doing. I also know that Curt and Jim can speak for themselves and don't need my co-councel. I took the liberty of speaking up (without name calling) because I get sick of all your negative comments while not really offering much here by way of anything helpful or positive.
        Easy way to deal with it, put me on your ignore list. It's not like you have to read my posts and replies. For those who cannot stand the heat. . . .

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by
          Easy way to deal with it, put me on your ignore list. It's not like you have to read my posts and replies. For those who cannot stand the heat. . . .
          The heat ? This is better than the comedy channel.
          craigk

          " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by craigk View Post
            The heat ? This is better than the comedy channel.
            ​Whatever you say baculum breath.

            Comment


            • #51
              Sorry, but the link you chose does not allow me to view it. If I type 'absorbative' into google, it returns with 'absorptive'. Wiktionary does not have an entry for 'absorbative'.
              I'm guessing that the word 'absorbative' might be considered archaic or defunct in terms of your usage, as the other word 'absorptive' is easily accessible.

              I'm all for learning new words, but in this case I'm not buying it.

              Later,
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

              *InDIYana event website*

              Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

              My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

              Comment


              • #52
                https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de...on/absorbative

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Wolf View Post

                  Sorry, but the link you chose does not allow me to view it. If I type 'absorbative' into google, it returns with 'absorptive'. Wiktionary does not have an entry for 'absorbative'.
                  I'm guessing that the word 'absorbative' might be considered archaic or defunct in terms of your usage, as the other word 'absorptive' is easily accessible.

                  I'm all for learning new words, but in this case I'm not buying it.

                  Later,
                  Wolf
                  See the post directly below yours, he provided a link to a dictionary that uses the word even if it archaic.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Thanks, Nate!
                    Is it therefore basically the same definition?

                    Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                    *InDIYana event website*

                    Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

                    My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by View Post

                      ​Whatever you say baculum breath.
                      what happen to your name calling post ? I am sure you know all about that breath problem. can't you take your own heat for a change. you come on the forum and down grade and demean every post you reply. now you want to act like God's gift to DIY and you are getting called out and can not handle it. take some of your own advice, ignore list please. you are more fun than a barrel of monkeys though.
                      craigk

                      " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by craigk View Post

                        what happen to your name calling post ? I am sure you know all about that breath problem. can't you take your own heat for a change. you come on the forum and down grade and demean every post you reply. now you want to act like God's gift to DIY and you are getting called out and can not handle it. take some of your own advice, ignore list please. you are more fun than a barrel of monkeys though.
                        You're a coward, hiding behind a firewall.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Wolf View Post

                          Sorry, but the link you chose does not allow me to view it. If I type 'absorbative' into google, it returns with 'absorptive'. Wiktionary does not have an entry for 'absorbative'.
                          I'm guessing that the word 'absorbative' might be considered archaic or defunct in terms of your usage, as the other word 'absorptive' is easily accessible.

                          I'm all for learning new words, but in this case I'm not buying it.

                          Later,
                          Wolf
                          I use BING, not GOOGLE and absorbative is a legitimate word even if outdated.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                            Thanks, Nate!
                            Is it therefore basically the same definition?

                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            Do you know what "repair" means?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by
                              You're a coward, hiding behind a firewall.
                              Sure . If it makes you feel better. take your toys and go home.
                              craigk

                              " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by craigk View Post
                                Sure . If it makes you feel better. take your toys and go home.
                                That picture, your avatar, the real you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X