Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    ron, the 8n (ohm) parallel resistor basically turns the 8n W3 into a 4n load - which THEN has the BSC filter applied. In a sim it looks like that filter is good for about +4dB, but the top end of that driver still looks pretty 'hot".

Leave a comment:

• ---k---
    replied
    Straw out the side for an exterior port?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    $4? Yeah, a pair of enclosures for $8 is kind of a must-do. Nice find!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    I was planning to build coffee container speakers (image 1) with the TB W3 1364sa. I saw that off a website and ordered parts including 2 TB drivers, coils and resistors from PE. I went to Target today and found these containers (image 2). The volume of the Target containers according to my calculations is about .08 cu ft which is exactly what is recommended for sealed for the TB W3.

I will get my parts tomorrow.

One question I have is the baffle step correction. Image 3 has my drawing of it as suggested by the website I got the idea. Given the diameter of the Target container is 5.5 inches instead of 4 inches, will that make a big difference? Another question is, what is the purpose of the 8 ohms resistor parallel to the driver? My understanding of baffle step is just an inductor and a resistor.

Thanks. Ron

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied
    Dude, a heptagon? That's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Awesome!! Yeah, pvc port stands would definitely be cool.

I found them in the aisle with the wooden letters in the arts and crafts/office supply area. They had a bunch at mine, I'll try and get back there soon to pick up a bunch.

Oh yeah! Sprite filter, forgot about that. Thanks for the mention!!

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
    Has anyone done any work with the nd91 full range to improve sound a little bit? Going to try porting this soon just to see what else happens. At $4 for the cup hard to argue with how fast you can get these finished and going....
    I love target, and just found a small solid wood box that's perfect for a little amp project.
    Gotta now go and try to find that little hex container - where was it in Target?

Joey - I used The Sprite filter, and it added some baffle-step and that improved the sound greatly:
    https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/sprite

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    The PE Bassbox for the PS95 lists 122 Hz in 0.1ft3 sealed or 68 Hz in 0.11f3 ported. You could try an outside port for the cup by integrating a PVC pipe stand.

Te cups are cool.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Hahahahaha yeah, this is a driver that got replaced in my heliumbt due to being dumb. Figured I'd throw it in and check out if it fits and basic response to ear. The PS95 drops right in as well and is about to trade places.... just for giggles 😏

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Looks like you might have molested your ND91 in the process? Or was it a bad one with the wrinkle to start with?
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    started a topic Cool find at Target

Cool find at Target

On a whim while at the Target with the family I decided to pick up a pair of these heptagon cups as they looked like a 3" driver would fit perfectly in the opening..... low and behold ..... 😏😏😏

Has anyone done any work with the nd91 full range to improve sound a little bit? Going to try porting this soon just to see what else happens. At $4 for the cup hard to argue with how fast you can get these finished and going....
Working...
X