Announcement

Collapse

Columbus Day Sale

Shop Our 24-Hour Columbus Day Sale on 10/14/19 at Parts Express! Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

Cool find at Target

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeybutts
    started a topic Cool find at Target

Cool find at Target

On a whim while at the Target with the family I decided to pick up a pair of these heptagon cups as they looked like a 3" driver would fit perfectly in the opening..... low and behold ..... 😏😏😏

Has anyone done any work with the nd91 full range to improve sound a little bit? Going to try porting this soon just to see what else happens. At $4 for the cup hard to argue with how fast you can get these finished and going....

• ronk
    replied
    Target melamine cannister with tang band w3 1364.
    Melcan speakers

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Cool find Joey!

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    I just got back from Target. No more wooden Septagon containers. But they do have the large wooden waste basket that can be used for the flower pot.
    Dual top firing external ported Flower Speaker

Leave a comment:

• ScenesFromAHat
    replied
    Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
    A flat, thinner board of almost any shape can be used against the backs (glued or screwed). The bottom of the board would be a wide as needed to stabilize the speaker side to side. The bottom edge's of the front of the speaker and the board would stabilize the speaker front to back. And the distance between the cups can be chosen to facilitate the tweeter mounting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1324288[/ATTACH]

This is sweet

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Something like this?
    Flower Pot Speaker or like this

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Love it. The "Flower Pot" idea is so cool. Using one as a base and for stationary/writing utensils and then port/support post running up to main enclosure..... I hope it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by ronk View Post
    Great idea. Maybe instead of just gluing a side together, you can construct a brace to hold the backs, so both drivers and be on the same plane. The tweeter can be on top in a TMM arrangement.
    A flat, thinner board of almost any shape can be used against the backs (glued or screwed). The bottom of the board would be a wide as needed to stabilize the speaker side to side. The bottom edge's of the front of the speaker and the board would stabilize the speaker front to back. And the distance between the cups can be chosen to facilitate the tweeter mounting.

Septagon.jpg

Leave a comment:

• make_some_noise
    replied
    Yeah a spine would be good. I just bought two of them. I am going to use an external port on them and use ND65-8's with a slight contour filter.

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    Originally posted by ronk View Post
    ... so both drivers and be on the same plane...
    yup

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Great idea. Maybe instead of just gluing a side together, you can construct a brace to hold the backs, so both drivers and be on the same plane. The tweeter can be on top in a TMM arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Whaddya guys think?

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Some great and amazing ideas coming out here. The MTM idea is killer...but do the slight angles help or hurt the design and crossover design? I am thinking just glue two cups together and suspend/mount in the open space a tweeter....

Leave a comment:

• make_some_noise
    replied
    Originally posted by ScenesFromAHat View Post

I believe he just meant that shape-wise, that's what he was thinking. Long, narrow stand/port to add volume, and the bowl/driver = the blossom

Essentially. But the thought also crossed my mind to use the square pots for the base and actually make them flower looking and you could also use the pot at the bottom as pen holders.

Leave a comment:

• make_some_noise
    replied

That PS95 looks nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X