Interesting hiccup with turntable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbon13 View Post
    ...Tried them out and they did make a HUGE difference. I have to play the music pretty loud to trigger the rumble whereas before it would happen even at low volumes....
    Good deal - I recall the efforts I went to to "decouple" my turntable - including hanging a platform from the ceiling.
    ( a low Filters solve a lot of that )
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Just get Vibrapods or some Sorbothane feet that have the "active weight range" equal near your turntable's weight.

I built a custom platform for my table using vibrapods, sorbothane, silicone coasters and neoprene with a marble slab on top of it that I got for $45 at a home/kitchen store (it's a pastry board). All absorb at different weights and frequencies, and the table is super smooth now.

I'll throw some pics up at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
        ... brought back memories of dealing with the infra-sonics;
        Note the correct use of the term infra-sonic. Subsonic is when your F-14 is not lighting its afterburner. Kudos Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

Note the correct use of the term infra-sonic. Subsonic is when your F-14 is not lighting its afterburner. Kudos Sydney.
          ​Yeah, I wanted to mention that, but I already take enough flak for expounding on damping and dampening.
          ​A lot of stereo components use the term subsonic, so apparently it is acceptable regardless of how irritating it is to some of us.
          ​5th Generation fighters can achieve supersonic speeds without the use of afterburners (Supercruise). The F-14 isn't in use anymore, well not by the U.S Navy, they retired them.

Comment

Way back in the day, my brother isolated his turntable using hand balls placed in spray can caps to prevent them from rolling. He placed those under the corners of the turntable. This gave good results and was much cheaper than what they were marketing back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
              ...Note the correct use of the term infra-sonic....
              Early imprinting .
              1st Education was in Light, later came Sound - It's InfraRed,,,SubRed might be a good performer/band name though.

your F-14
              Apparently Iran still operates some Tomcats that are being modernized to F-14AM (“Modernized”) standard to extend their operative life until 2030.
              "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Working...
              X