Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about uploading pics to TechTalk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions about uploading pics to TechTalk.

    Since the new forum software was instituted, I haven't been able to upload any pics. I guess that there must be some sort of file size limitation in place? Now days even cell phones take multi megapixel images. I need a little bit of advice on this, I suppose I'm going to have to shrink the pictures so that they will upload. Any suggestions as to software or method of image reduction so that I can upload them? Thank you.

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	819.0 KB
ID:	1323996




    This is 1080 x 810
    I used Adobe Elements to reduce from max camera resolution; apparently it can be done in Paint.
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

    Comment


    • #3
      I have no problem posting photos here, taken with a digital camera and stored on my PC.

      BTW, I head the Statement IIs at Iowa DIY awhile back, sounded fine to me.

      Comment


      • #4
        I use to upload pics whenever I wanted to, not now though. I don't have Adobe Elements and there doesn't appear to be "Paint" on my Windows 10 Laptop.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by View Post
          ..and there doesn't appear to be "Paint" on my Windows 10 Laptop.
          Weird - I just tried it on my W10 laptop - no problem.

          Among Freeware - GIMP is popular

          EDIT:
          https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...download-paint
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

          Comment


          • #6
            I resize the photos to 1080x1920 before upload, using Paint to resize. I do that from my Windows 10 machine all the time, have a couple freshly loaded machines that have the program on it.
            Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
            Wogg Music

            Comment


            • #7

              This is a 4000 x 3000 - 1.48M
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2580.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	553.8 KB
ID:	1324005
              "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by View Post
                Since the new forum software was instituted, I haven't been able to upload any pics. I guess that there must be some sort of file size limitation in place? Now days even cell phones take multi megapixel images. I need a little bit of advice on this, I suppose I'm going to have to shrink the pictures so that they will upload. Any suggestions as to software or method of image reduction so that I can upload them? Thank you.
                I've had issues uploading pics to the project gallery. It only takes so many, and they have to be under a certain size... which means resizing in paint or corel or something... another step which is a pain when you have 15 pics to upload. I sometimes remember to scale down the resolution on the camera, but usually I don't.

                No Paint? Man, times ARE tough out there! I never thought I'd see the day when that wasn't included... that's like leaving out the calculator.

                Have you considered Photobucket? It's another step, but then all your pics are in one place and easy to get to and reference. Plus you don't have to worry about the size of them.

                Kevin K suggested opting for the Ad-Free version which is like $10 a year or something... totally worth it, works great once the ads are gone.
                But it's not as cheap as free, though.

                TomZ
                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

                *Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

                Comment


                • #9
                  Imgur.com is free and works well. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

                  http://www.diy-ny.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

                    I've had issues uploading pics to the project gallery. It only takes so many, and they have to be under a certain size... which means resizing in paint or corel or something... another step which is a pain when you have 15 pics to upload. I sometimes remember to scale down the resolution on the camera, but usually I don't.

                    No Paint? Man, times ARE tough out there! I never thought I'd see the day when that wasn't included... that's like leaving out the calculator.

                    Have you considered Photobucket? It's another step, but then all your pics are in one place and easy to get to and reference. Plus you don't have to worry about the size of them.

                    Kevin K suggested opting for the Ad-Free version which is like $10 a year or something... totally worth it, works great once the ads are gone.
                    But it's not as cheap as free, though.

                    TomZ
                    There are all sorts of apps on my Laptop but I didn't see Paint in the apps column.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Paint is normally in the Windows Accessories fly out.
                      If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                      ~ Johnny Carson

                      Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just did a search for it and it showed up on my work laptop. Maybe it's there somewhere.
                        TomZ
                        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

                        *Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On Win10 simply hit the windows key and type the word "paint".
                          Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                            On Win10 simply hit the windows key and type the word "paint".
                            +1

                            I haven't organized or used the start menu since Windows 7.
                            Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                            Wogg Music

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Since you're building the speakers for them, I'm sure one of the engineers at Intel should be able to guide you through this.
                              "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                              "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X