Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

WinPCD - New version available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinPCD - New version available

I've just released a new version of WinPCD. It has two main changes. It started as a small bug fix for the summed response of 3-ways. I didn't like what I had for the polar response, so it's now been improved. Please read the details fully at the WinPCD web site, link in my signature. If you have any comments/reports, please post that at the WinPCD forum to both make it easier to track reports and so that other users are aware of any bug reports/change requests.

dlr
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Nice, thanks!

Comment

Many thanks for this program.

Comment

Thanks for the hard work and an excellent program..
        "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Link for PayPal donations?
          "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

👍
            Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
            DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
            Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Sweet! Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
              Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
              Wogg Music
              Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

Many thanks Dave. Love your program.
                Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                Sonata Soundbar Project
                The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Great. Love the program.

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                    Link for PayPal donations?
                    I thought about that, but negatives outweigh the positives. For one you have to be a non-profit to actually solicits "donations" as Paypal uses the description and it makes it difficult to get "donations" in any other form. Essentially it's still looked at as a business "sale" and so does the IRS I'm sure. Besides, I get intangible benefits from this in other ways, not the least of which is supporting a community of "colleagues" so-to-speak and providing something that I hope makes it easier for those new to the hobby to use to get started. It may never be quite the package that PCD was, but I hope to expand it more as I get time, although it may diverge a bit as it already has to some degree.

dlr

p.s. I see other sites with a Paypal donate button, but my reading at Paypal makes those appear to be working around the rules.
                    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I still would like series xovers added so it has everything the original spreadsheet had.

My 2c,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Thank you Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                          I thought about that, but negatives outweigh the positives. For one you have to be a non-profit to actually solicits "donations" as Paypal uses the description and it makes it difficult to get "donations" in any other form. Essentially it's still looked at as a business "sale" and so does the IRS I'm sure. Besides, I get intangible benefits from this in other ways, not the least of which is supporting a community of "colleagues" so-to-speak and providing something that I hope makes it easier for those new to the hobby to use to get started. It may never be quite the package that PCD was, but I hope to expand it more as I get time, although it may diverge a bit as it already has to some degree.

dlr

p.s. I see other sites with a Paypal donate button, but my reading at Paypal makes those appear to be working around the rules.

Maybe bitcoin is a solution.....

Comment

Originally posted by make_some_noise View Post

Maybe bitcoin is a solution.....
                            I'd stay away from Bitcoins as of late. There are issues between two factions on the future of the IT structure. It recently caused a a 20% 1-day drop in value on Jan.5.

You can always send a monetary gift via PayPal. I believe it does not incur any fees. All you need is the recipient's PayPal email address.

Comment

Working...
                            X