Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see this news....

https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/01/sound-united/

Yep- that was in the latest AudioXpress email blaster.

Seems logical to me...
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Buy-outs like this probably aren't great news for the consumer, unless the companies that were bought were at risk of going under.

Shawn

Comment

I love Maranrz and the better Denon gear. I hope that the purchase doesn't impact their lines at all. A lot of older good audio equipment companies have been purchased in the last 20 years to ultimately be used for the name and create lower quality gear. This company has sucked up some big names like Polk, Boston, and Definitive as well. So I have hopes that things will still be good compared to other acquisitions that have happened in the past. Maybe they will become the new Harman....

Comment

IMO this will probably only be good for those looking to get wireless speakers and HTIB. Only reason I see this merger happening is to get more electronics @ Polk.

make_some_noise -- You mean the new Harman as in Samsung/Harman? They only purchased them to get into the Automotive sector, a large percentage of their revenue and likely what was keeping them alive.

All in all these mergers are probably not good for audio enthusiasts, we are a shrinking market.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPlus View Post
            IMO this will probably only be good for those looking to get wireless speakers and HTIB. Only reason I see this merger happening is to get more electronics @ Polk.

make_some_noise -- You mean the new Harman as in Samsung/Harman? They only purchased them to get into the Automotive sector, a large percentage of their revenue and likely what was keeping them alive.

All in all these mergers are probably not good for audio enthusiasts, we are a shrinking market.

No, I mean as in the previous Harman before Samsung purchased them. Harman essentially bought most of the companies that were under their control and made a lot of stuff for many, many, years. Say compared to the likes of Acoustic Research, Cambridge Soundworks, etc.... They were purchased up in the last 20 years and now produce junk.

Comment

Working...
            X