Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of glue to use to rear mount 3" speaker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of glue to use to rear mount 3" speaker?

I'm trying to rear mount a 3" Hi-Vi speaker. Unfortunately screws will not work. Is there a glue or epoxy that would hold?

I used fast setting epoxy in the little dual cartridge convenience package on my Quarks. Messy looking from the back but quite strong. Definitely permanent.

Comment

Hot melt. Comes off with a little alcohol, which is convenient.

Comment

PL holds pretty much anything to anything. It will be permanent and is messy until dry.
        Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by tanda4 View Post
          I'm trying to rear mount a 3" Hi-Vi speaker. Unfortunately screws will not work. Is there a glue or epoxy that would hold?
          ​What about using some clamps instead? Glue seems so.. permanent.
          Brian Steele
          www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Not sure why screws won't work, I would be curious to know what you're working with... There is almost always a way to engineer around a problem. Epoxy will certainly hold, but it won't be coming off, so if you blow the driver for any reason.... Things become a problem. I would try to find another solution first if possible and use the epoxy as a last ditch option. JMHO.

Comment

Working...
            X