Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Rs-p wmtmw cc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rpb View Post
    Better idea... Show the sum of the tweeter and mid rather than woofer, mid, and tweeter.

this i can do ...
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

mids and tweet , this is after two resistor changes . went from 1ohm , this 4 ... gonna work on that tonight .

now all of a sudden i can paste from my photobucket ...

that was weird !
      Paper Towers
      RS180P/28F surrounds
      Boombox

Comment

Post that along with the tweeter and mid responses on the same graph. Switch it to gated for me if you would.

Have you tried saving a print screen as a jpeg? Then add it as an attachment to your post.

Comment

Does the static show up if you sweep each driver individually without a filter? Just maybe to eliminate the possibility of a bad driver (then again I guess it would likely show a distortion spike..). And how do the impedance sweeps look? Both system and individual?

Comment

static did not show up with the mid tweet sweep ! rpb , where do yu want the gate set ?
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

If it wasn't there in the MT sweep, maybe the woofer has a rub or a loose connection in the xover.

Later,
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                If it wasn't there in the MT sweep, maybe the woofer has a rub or a loose connection in the xover.

Later,
                Wolf
                thanks .thats more than possible ... lol

Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

Could even be debris in the gap. Turn it on its face (off the surround of course) and run some low freq sweeps through it. Sometimes the debris will work itself back out.

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                    static did not show up with the mid tweet sweep ! rpb , where do yu want the gate set ?
                    As low as possible without picking up the first reflection. You can see the first reflection in the impulse. Usually, I can gate down to about 300hz.

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post

As low as possible without picking up the first reflection. You can see the first reflection in the impulse. Usually, I can gate down to about 300hz.

got ya . thanks guys for the help . axis issues are already present . sweet spot sounds really good , not so much on the ends of the couch . then again it is only one speaker in the middle of the room ...
                      Paper Towers
                      RS180P/28F surrounds
                      Boombox

Comment

is this what you wanted to see rpb ? i'm not used to using gating so i may need more help . but this does really show the dip at 3500 .

Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

hopefully my leg wont be bothering me tonight and i can get all the individual curves , had to take a couple pain pills last night and got a lil loopy . dynamo , as of rite now i don't have the ability to do an impedance sweep , i knew i should've put that jig together before i started this ....
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                            is this what you wanted to see rpb ? i'm not used to using gating so i may need more help . but this does really show the dip at 3500 .

I'd raise the gating just a hair to smooth out some wrinkles on the top end. If you can add the individual drivers, we may see the cause of the dip, and other possible issues.

Comment

its not in the tweet ...

Paper Towers
                              RS180P/28F surrounds
                              Boombox

Comment

mids look good too ....

Paper Towers
                                RS180P/28F surrounds
                                Boombox

Comment

Working...