X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hkkvjvjvj

Comment

That leaves the x-over suspect.

If you have time, and energy, you can take a close mic measurement of the mid to see the roll off on the low end. You may get cancellations from the second mid, but hopefully it's far enough away that it will not affect lower frequencies too much. You will need to sweep at a much lower spl, and gating can be maxed out a long ways. This will hopefully give you a better idea of the mids response. You can also do this with the woofer. I don't want to wear you out too much, so pace yourself. I think that you will find this interesting to do.

Comment

i was planning on it with the woofers , adding the mids should be no problem . i got sounding nice and balanced now with 5ohm's of padding on the tweet . also Wolf must have been right and what ever was in the woofer gap causing static has worked its way out , i ran 4 - 5 full sweeps and no longer hear it ... that dip is ugly though !

Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

Ok guys , trying to work out this dip .i reached out to Josh yesterday to get some ideas from my mentor , he came up with a pretty good idea and helped me get the offset right in XSim . now i can see the dip in my sim and am working on what i can do to bring it up . no luck yet ...

listened to it all last night , it does need a little work but i'm not that far off . half the night i turned my subs on as these 180p's sealed do not play low ....
          Paper Towers
          RS180P/28F surrounds
          Boombox

Comment

Thank you Josh ! was pretty simple fix , reverse tweet polarity ...

Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
              Thank you Josh ! was pretty simple fix , reverse tweet polarity ...

Looks nice, nice that the polarity swap fixed the dip, but can you show your phase alignment? I feel like since the dip that was fixed was only about 7db that perhaps the phase could be dialed in a little more perhaps.

Comment

the sim shows it tracking pretty good ...

Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

off axis not as bad as i thought . 0,15 and 30 to the left ...

unless otherwise stated all measurements are from the same spot . 3ft on tweet axis withe the speaker 3ft off the floor
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

45* up ...

that would be 45* left if vertical , think about for min ...
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

i guess its time to see what difference a small round over will make . all measurements to date have been made with sharp edges , i got the day off so i should have the time to do this today ...
                      Paper Towers
                      RS180P/28F surrounds
                      Boombox

Comment

well that is not what i expected !!! did not think a 1/2" round-over would have smoothed it as much as it did !

thought it was a good time to look at distortion as well , 3rd order ...

Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

well guys i'm at a point where the only thing i don't like about this speaker is the box ! it's ugly and it sounds like a 1/2" ply box .... gonna stop by the Home Depot and check out some MDF and in the mean time this weekend i'll move stuff around and get it in place . curious to hear it with equipment underneath and a TV on top ....
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

just put a BOM together , minus resistors a 7.5uF cap and a RS28F that i have it wasn't as bad as i thought , $250 . all parts Dayton from PE ....
                            Paper Towers
                            RS180P/28F surrounds
                            Boombox

Comment

did anyone see this not happening ?

Paper Towers
                              RS180P/28F surrounds
                              Boombox

Comment

Phew !!!! almost jacked up the baffle ... was rushing last night to get the baffle cut before dark and almost screwed it up . cut the tweet recess to big , then miss measured it and cut it even bigger . angry and dejected i packed up the tools . this morning it came to me , center the cut-outs and brad them to the table and cut the other side . it worked !!! i'm still cutting a tic big , i think it's due to using double flute bit but i can live with this ....

Last edited by filmslayer; 04-15-2017, 11:23 AM.
                                Paper Towers
                                RS180P/28F surrounds
                                Boombox

Comment

Working...
                                X