Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Rs-p wmtmw cc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baffles cut ... i found a piece of plexi that was the same thickness of the plastic base that came with my router , this makes a great jig . being clear and able to see through makes it easier to work wit . you see what you're cutting and setting the pin was so much easier ....

Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

I would suggest dividing the woofer chamber in half so that each woofer can be measured independently.

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
        I would suggest dividing the woofer chamber in half so that each woofer can be measured independently.

to late .... but it's fine .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

prototype in position . i like it , it brought the bass shelf up a bit and thats not a bad thing . the 180P's can use a lil help ...

hongrn , how is the proportion ? i think i nailed it . the mtm box is the same size as the TV base ....

Paper Towers
          RS180P/28F surrounds
          Boombox

Comment

opps double post .
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

still liking the prototype in place so i think i'm going to order at least a pair of 125P's so i can get my towers back together and have a good listen with my full sound stage . i also need to get some wire so i can pre-wire the new box as the baffle will be permanently attached .

i did plug in one of the towers last night for some stereo voicing , it kept up very well and sounded great !
              Paper Towers
              RS180P/28F surrounds
              Boombox

Comment

been super busy at work this week and tired when i get home, good thing is my leg is feeling much better with the new medication i'm on . this sits in the middle of my room as a reminder . looks lonely doesn't it ?

hoping to have it together this weekend . need to caulk all the seems , pre-wire , line and stuff and attach the baffle . also need to test the RS28F with a damaged screen , gonna remove the screen altogether as the last time i tested it showed a lot of distortion which i believe is coming from the screen in my attempt to fix it ....
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

i got nothing done last weekend , had to play mechanic for a friend . i did watch a bunch of movies over the weekend and am very happy with how dialog sounds ! i'm getting what i need outta the prototype so i've begun to think about a finish . talked my buddy that owns a body shop and he said as long as i pick a color he has in stock already and i do the sanding he would charge me nothing to spray it . i'm thinking a dark charcoal metallic will look really good with the paper cones ...
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

well guys , i go to the vascular surgeon today . i got no lie i am a bit nervous ! hoping to at least pin-point the fix for my leg ....
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                      well guys , i go to the vascular surgeon today . i got no lie i am a bit nervous ! hoping to at least pin-point the fix for my leg ....

Good luck! Hope you get it figured out.
                      -Kerry

Comment

thanks Kerry ... there is a small lump in my left calf that i believe is causing all the issues and needs to come out . however , my primary DR. believes the the circulation issues are whats causing the lump ...
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

not what i really wanted to hear ! surgeon thinks it clots in my arteries in my left leg . CAT scan scheduled and most likely a stint ...
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

damn guys , looks like all my projects just got put on hold ! CTA scan reveled that the artery in my left leg is almost completely blocked with plaque and clots from my pelvis to mid thigh . i will need a femoral artery bypass and will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks .
                            Paper Towers
                            RS180P/28F surrounds
                            Boombox

Comment

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I'm approaching that age where many friends and family have gone on, so believe me when I say, best wished for a complete and speedy recovery.
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
                                Sorry to hear about the health issues. I'm approaching that age where many friends and family have gone on, so believe me when I say, best wished for a complete and speedy recovery.
                                thanks .... thats the thing and why it took longer than it should have to diagnose , i'm only 49 .
                                Paper Towers
                                RS180P/28F surrounds
                                Boombox

Comment

Working...
                                X