X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    started a topic Rs-p wmtmw cc

Rs-p wmtmw cc

seeing as i built the Paper Towers and the Paper surrounds i was thinking of completing the system with a Paper CC .RS180P-8,RS125P-4 and RS28F. i have all the parts on hand and enough 1/2" ply to build a box good enough for measurements . here is a quick sim i came up with ...

any thoughts and or opinions ?

• filmslayer
    replied
    well guys , the cardiologist threw a few wrenches and set everything back but i now have a surgery date . august 17th ..... it sux that i'm gonna have to go back through this thread so i can update the pics .

Leave a comment:

• 50 watt head
    replied
    Originally posted by rpb View Post
    I made a sim with the woofers in series
    I disappear for a couple of years, only to come back and find you using PCD?!?!? :P

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
    Sorry to hear about the health issues. I'm approaching that age where many friends and family have gone on, so believe me when I say, best wished for a complete and speedy recovery.
    thanks .... thats the thing and why it took longer than it should have to diagnose , i'm only 49 .

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    Sorry to hear about the health issues. I'm approaching that age where many friends and family have gone on, so believe me when I say, best wished for a complete and speedy recovery.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    damn guys , looks like all my projects just got put on hold ! CTA scan reveled that the artery in my left leg is almost completely blocked with plaque and clots from my pelvis to mid thigh . i will need a femoral artery bypass and will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    not what i really wanted to hear ! surgeon thinks it clots in my arteries in my left leg . CAT scan scheduled and most likely a stint ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    thanks Kerry ... there is a small lump in my left calf that i believe is causing all the issues and needs to come out . however , my primary DR. believes the the circulation issues are whats causing the lump ...

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    well guys , i go to the vascular surgeon today . i got no lie i am a bit nervous ! hoping to at least pin-point the fix for my leg ....

Good luck! Hope you get it figured out.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    well guys , i go to the vascular surgeon today . i got no lie i am a bit nervous ! hoping to at least pin-point the fix for my leg ....

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i got nothing done last weekend , had to play mechanic for a friend . i did watch a bunch of movies over the weekend and am very happy with how dialog sounds ! i'm getting what i need outta the prototype so i've begun to think about a finish . talked my buddy that owns a body shop and he said as long as i pick a color he has in stock already and i do the sanding he would charge me nothing to spray it . i'm thinking a dark charcoal metallic will look really good with the paper cones ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    been super busy at work this week and tired when i get home, good thing is my leg is feeling much better with the new medication i'm on . this sits in the middle of my room as a reminder . looks lonely doesn't it ?

hoping to have it together this weekend . need to caulk all the seems , pre-wire , line and stuff and attach the baffle . also need to test the RS28F with a damaged screen , gonna remove the screen altogether as the last time i tested it showed a lot of distortion which i believe is coming from the screen in my attempt to fix it ....

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    still liking the prototype in place so i think i'm going to order at least a pair of 125P's so i can get my towers back together and have a good listen with my full sound stage . i also need to get some wire so i can pre-wire the new box as the baffle will be permanently attached .

i did plug in one of the towers last night for some stereo voicing , it kept up very well and sounded great !

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    opps double post .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    prototype in position . i like it , it brought the bass shelf up a bit and thats not a bad thing . the 180P's can use a lil help ...

hongrn , how is the proportion ? i think i nailed it . the mtm box is the same size as the TV base ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X