Dayton Audio or Kicker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Audio or Kicker?

Hey there, can someone tell me which subwoofer would be the best to a home audio setup (might be used on car too) and to pair with the Yung 200W plate amp?

Kicker: https://www.parts-express.com/kicker...-ohm--267-6909

Dayton: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...oofer--295-488

Yung amp: http://www.parts-express.com/yung-sd...35-hz--301-506

Thanks

Vasco

The kicker looks like a kids running shoe and is best used in a sealed cab - is that what you are looking for?
    Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

I was thinking on a vented box, with the rectangular hole at the bottom. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Spend a little more on the Dayton Reference Series subwoofers, you won't regret it.
        Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
          Spend a little more on the Dayton Reference Series subwoofers, you won't regret it.
          I've heard and seen the reference ones but I'm on a budget and I've passed it a bit alredy. I can only go for the Kicker or the Dayton SD315. What's your suggestion? Thanks

Comment

My suggestion is to wait until your next paycheque and get the Reference series, but since you've narrowed it down to those to - use the Dayton SD315.

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
              My suggestion is to wait until your next paycheque and get the Reference series, but since you've narrowed it down to those to - use the Dayton SD315.
              I don't really have paychecks, I'm just a teen whose birthday is next month and I thought I would make a subwoofer :p. Thanks for helping though, really appreciate it!

PS: I wouldn't mind having the reference ones ;).

Comment

I think four GRS 12" drivers and that Yung amp would suit your needs :-). Leave it sealed.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                  I think four GRS 12" drivers and that Yung amp would suit your needs :-). Leave it sealed.
                  I want to make a single driver box. I want it to be somewhat "portable" between home and cars. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Comment

What did you mean by "Leave it sealed"? A sealed box? Thanks

Comment

How are you planning on powering that plate amplifier in a car? Your house and hour car have very different power sources.

​Check out this ISO El-Cheapo, it's very high on the bass per $ scale. I have a teenager with that in his car and is quite happy with it, and back long ago with a different set of similar woofer that little cabinet did a decent job in my living room.
                      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                      Wogg Music

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
                        How are you planning on powering that plate amplifier in a car? Your house and hour car have very different power sources.

​Check out this http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1319471-iso-el-cheapo"]ISO El-Cheapo[/URL], it's very high on the bass per $ scale. I have a teenager with that in his car and is quite happy with it, and back long ago with a different set of similar woofer that little cabinet did a decent job in my living room.
                        12V to 110VAC or 220VAC 500W inverters. After the math it consumes 40A, not much for a car.

For the subwoofer, I'm on a budget but since it's a single driver I want it to be something good (not saying GRS is bad, but I preffer Dayton).
                        I would use GRS if I used 2 subs but I only want 1 sub.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Comment

That GRS will embarass that Dayton for a lot less money, but hey, check my signature.
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

That GRS will embarass that Dayton for a lot less money, but hey, check my signature.
                            Nice signature hehe. So do you guys think I should get the 12" GRS Sub instead of the Dayton? Have you experienced the GRS live? Why is the dayton more expensive then? (If the GRS beats him). Thanks

Comment

And can I push more then 120W RMS on the GRS? Since the Amplifier is 200W RMS...
                              Per example if I push 150W RMS or more, will it distort? And would the Dayton distort? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X