Dayton Audio or Kicker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post

​Hmm.... you're doing the equivalent of choosing an engine, then finding a car to fit it in :-).

I suggest starting first with exactly what type of subwoofer you'd like to build and you consider yourself capable of building. Then choose a driver that can be used in it that meets your budget.

​Example questions:

1. Sealed, vented, or something more complex like bandpass or tapped horn?
    ​2. What's the largest size that you'd be comfortable with? You mentioned car use, so I'd suggest 1.5 cu.ft. (net) as a maximum limit
    ​3. How low do you want it to go? For a vented box, 30~35 Hz is plenty low for car audio duty. Sealed you can go a little higher, e.g. 40 Hz.
    As mentiones earlier I wanted to go with a vented/ported enclosure with the vent por at the bottom with the rectangular shape. I'll leave a picture from Google here.

I want it to go the deepest possible hahaha, ~32HZ is fine.

For the size.. I wanted it to be the smallest as possible but without compromissing sound, there's no problem if it's a little bigger than expected though.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello again everyone, I talked with Chris from PE about the box design and he told me that sealed was the best option for me to eliminate the peak problem and make the box small.
      He sent me a design and I'd like to know what you guys think about it.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

So, what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by vascobrissos14 View Post
          So, what do you guys think?

Safe and Easy choice
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post

Safe and Easy choice
            Thanks!

Comment

Here's the SD315 in roughly the same size of cab (60 Litres) tuned to 30Hz.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Graph1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1328779
              "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away." -Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
              X