For The Wood Craftsmen Out There ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Wood Craftsmen Out There ...

If you haven't seen one of these electronic levels. I imagine your table must be level as well.

Electronic Level.jpg

+1. I've had mine for a few years now. I remove the battery after use, not sure how much it helps, just hate to grab it and its dead.

Comment

I use mine all the time. That pic looks like it came from one of Kirby,s videos.
      "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
      The Roxster
      Swopes 5.0
      Acoustic Panels
      Living Room Make Over

Comment

I use an app on my iphone that measures roof pitch. I am sure there is one for this use too.

Comment

Originally posted by theLinks View Post
          +1. I've had mine for a few years now. I remove the battery after use, not sure how much it helps, just hate to grab it and its dead.
          It helps. Devices without a hard on/off switch always draw some current to sense the On button press. It's pretty minimal with modern electronics but 9 V batteries don't pack a lot of aH either.

Alkaline batteries have a long shelf life if never used. Once they've been used, their self discharge rate increases. That's why you should never test new batteries in your emergency flashlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
            If you haven't seen one of these electronic levels. I imagine your table must be level as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1328754[/ATTACH]
            If that's a question, you place the device on your table and "zero it" so that the angle measurements are relative to the table surface. The table does not have to be level, just stable.

I use a digital angle finder myself, only because it was I think less than half the price of the magnet device that you show.
            "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away." -Tom Waits

Comment

I got mine on amazon. The name is GemRed. So worth every penny. I have a great saw but my angle screw has a little slop I need to get to the bottom of. Or not now because I just pop this on for 2 seconds then lock everything in place. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, mine is a round 3v battery or so think it's a cr 2025 , ...

Comment

It helps. Devices without a hard on/off switch always draw some current to sense the On button press. It's pretty minimal with modern electronics but 9 V batteries don't pack a lot of aH either.

Alkaline batteries have a long shelf life if never used. Once they've been used, their self discharge rate increases. That's why you should never test new batteries in your emergency flashlights.
                  The early models were notorious for eating batteries. The updated version I think changes the battery type to alkaline correcting the issue.
                  "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
                  The Roxster
                  Swopes 5.0
                  Acoustic Panels
                  Living Room Make Over

Comment

What's the accuracy, 1/10 degree?

Comment

I just use the compass app that comes on the iphone. Has a zero reference setting too for an un-level table.

Comment

i use a low tech angle gauge. I could see where this might be useful but most of the time the blade is either 90 or 45 degrees to the table and I have stops for those.

Comment

Thanks Mike, mine came in a couple of days ago and it is helping me get better results quicker from my 25 year old cheapie table saw already!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1328754[/ATTACH]
                            I could hardly ever imagine actually needing or even using one.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

I could hardly ever imagine actually needing or even using one.
                              I couldn't either until i started building cabinets that required cut angles of 7.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                              X