Share proven or your small designs for PC/Bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    You'd be surprised what they can do. I heard Bryan Keane tried to kill a pair at Iowa one year, and gave them the juice the amp could give. They held their composure! You should likely use a sub for the lows, but they will give you output if you demand it.

It's a simple design. 4" internal cube stuffed with polyfil with damping foam on the inner rear wall, and a 500uF cap in series with the driver. I used 1/2" material. Either relieve the rear of a thick baffle, rear-mount, or use 0.25" thick baffle material. The driver is the Aura NS3-193-8A, but people have used the Dayton ND90-8 instead with supposedly good performance. Not the last word in fidelity, but the notes on it are cheap and tiny.

Later,
    Wolf
    Thank you very much Wolf

Will be building these. Now I just have to see which driver I will be able to get my hands on easier. Any major differences between either of the two drivers SPL wise and low end?
    ​​​​​

Comment

I heard from someone else that the Aura was a bit better at bass, and the Dayton a bit better at the mids and highs. YMMV.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Great thread, too bad some of the early links photos seem to be "photo-bucked" and if you squint hard enough you can see what was happening

Comment

Working...
        X