O.T. What do you use to burn music CDs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    You crazy young downloading whippersnappers! I still spin my discs as well.
    It's just something TANGIBLE, and the liner notes I do read them now and then.
    Later,
    Wolf
    Liner notes??? This time I actually had to recall what they are and when's the last time I pulled that out!

Comment

You also don't have 1000+ CDs like I do. I started collecting my own music CDs in 1993.
      You're a millennial- I'm a Gen-X.

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-pSzDdeOM

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
          Nero +1 - it supports all formats, was free as it was an OEM bundled with my DVD burner, have had very few issues with it. Supports all music formats, too...f
          I've always gotten it bundled w hardware as far back as earliest CD burners. ( all old versions can be downloaded ).

Had 100% success with Taiyo Yuden; this includes DVD that I use for VHS transcription and video capture.

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

That's funny.
            I thought I installed Nero, but it's not on my computer?

There are so many 'extra' programs that link in with these pages it's almost impossible to get to what you really want, and everything wants to change my browser too. Irritating!

Let me try it again.

TomZ
            *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
            *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I use the microwave oven to fry CDs, cooked one just the other day! LOL

Comment

I have a SONY CD recorder, place an original in one side and a blank music CD in the other side, press the buttons and you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
                  I have a SONY CD recorder, place an original in one side and a blank music CD in the other side, press the buttons and you are good to go.
                  I had thought that any equipment mfg had to follow the CD format licensing terms. And CDs had some two bits to specify: unlimited copy, copy once, can't copy (e.g., copyrighted material). Mfg.'s had to deny a copy on protected media or risk losing the license. Or was that DVDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
                    I had thought that any equipment mfg had to follow the CD format licensing terms. And CDs had some two bits to specify: unlimited copy, copy once, can't copy (e.g., copyrighted material). Mfg.'s had to deny a copy on protected media or risk losing the license. Or was that DVDs?
                    I dunno, but my SONY has to specifically use Music CDRs, not the usual and more common CDR for computer. You pay a premium for the Music CDR and I believe a portion of the fee goes to the recording industry, royalty fees.

Comment

In October 1992, the United States Congress passed the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992 (AHRA), which requires manufacturers or importers of devices and media such as blank CDs, personal audio devices, automobile systems, media centers, and satellite radio devices that have music recording capabilities, to make royalty payments.
                      from https://wp.aarcroyalties.com/ahra/
                      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                        In October 1992, the United States Congress passed the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992 (AHRA), which requires manufacturers or importers of devices and media such as blank CDs, personal audio devices, automobile systems, media centers, and satellite radio devices that have music recording capabilities, to make royalty payments.
                        from https://wp.aarcroyalties.com/ahra/
                        Must be a flat fee for device/media. How would they tell which material is being duplicated, how many times and how to remunerate the specific artist.

Comment

I get the impression that such "details" are often subject to litigation.
                          Music Publishers are entitled to portions of the monies collected under the AHRA and the Harry Fox Agency (HFA) is a provider of rights management and collector and distributor of mechanical license fees on behalf of music publishers.
                          https://www.loc.gov/crb/proceedings/...x-a-108-dp.pdf

Comment

The only thing I burn now days is surround DVD-A for the car. I use Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo

Comment

I ended up purchasing Nero and although It went through the motions, it still wouldn't burn. My CD player said the disc was blank.
                              I have a cheap external DVD/CD burner that I hooked up and it worked fine. Guess it was my internal DVD drive.

I still wanted the ease of use that a dedicated program gives me and I'm glad to have it.

It included a little program to grab videos off of youtube, so I can watch them offline. I listen to a lot of Christian Gospel music and 'try' to sing along... my cat might not like it but I enjoy it.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

TomZ
                              *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                              *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I'm glad that you were able to track down the problem to the internal DVD drive. Congrats.

My 2 cents worth of advice:

1. Don't use cheap CD-R and DVR+/-R media. They are nothing but trouble.
                                2. Don't be tempted to burn at blazing fast 52x (for CD's) and 16x (for DVD's). Slow it down to 8x for CD's and 4x for DVD's.

Just for giggles, calculate how many times per second the laser has to pulse on/off onto the spinning blank media disc. It's mind blowing.
                                ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
                                Sapphos
                                Cables (Post #54)
                                Other speakers (Post #21)
                                Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
                                Boundary Augmentation
                                Dispersion/Interference

Comment

Working...
                                X