Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRD files and suggestions for Vifa TC7 & Dayton DC250?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRD files and suggestions for Vifa TC7 & Dayton DC250?

I'm looking to brush off a lot of rust and design some speakers, and these seem just right for a friend's project - a retro 60s-style console stereo. Does anyone have the data for these drivers on hand, and perhaps some comments on my intended ~800hz crossover point?

I think one could pull something like that off. I don't know what internal volume your woofers will see, but I do know that the Dayton SD270-88 will work very well with that crossover point and will make great bass in about 1.5 cu ft sealed. The TC-7 will also work for you in that application. My garage speakers use it along with the DC160 crossed around 650-700 hz.

The DC250 might work, but I know the DC270 will. Check out my Indium 7 project.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Argon | Helium | Lithium | LithMTM | Hafnium
    Mercury | Matrix | Shrubbery

Comment

Originally posted by scottsehlin View Post
      I think one could pull something like that off. I don't know what internal volume your woofers will see, but I do know that the Dayton SD270-88 will work very well with that crossover point and will make great bass in about 1.5 cu ft sealed. The TC-7 will also work for you in that application. My garage speakers use it along with the DC160 crossed around 650-700 hz.
      I'm looking at 2.5 cubes per side, so another $20 on the SD270 seems palatable indeed. It's 1/3 more Xmax, and I can likely build a smaller box.

Any ideas on BSC shoved up against the wall? It's a huge box quite close to the floor, so I'm not sure if standard rules apply...

Comment

Working...
      X