My Son's MWAF Entry: The Black Widows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    I've always thought that the most attractive red color that appears in nature is that of the adult male cardinal. We have a few that visit our bird feeders and I always enjoy looking at them. Our cat likes to watch them, too but I'm pretty sure it isn't because of their color!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1337053[/ATTACH]
    Paul
    ​Paul is that a custom made kitty perch? My dog lays on the top of the couch cushions looking out onto the street so he does not miss anything.

Comment

I wonder if its name is Katinger... My dog looks out window onto our patio. Her eyesight is so good she could be looking at anything. I have even seen her chase a mosquito.

Comment

Originally posted by bcodemz View Post
        Gee I wonder what Kole's favourite drink is!

That's some amazing looking gloss. But I'm a little confused. I thought Kole wanted Laser Red, so why do we see a gloss black cabinet?
        Actually Coke is my favorite, And yea it is glossy

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          Datz Purtee!

Wolf
          Yes it is Purtee and thank you for liking my project

Comment

Yes and it's one of a pair, each on opposite back corners of our 3-season porch on the back of our condo. I built and installed them shortly after we moved here in 2003 for the pair of cats we had at the time. BJ, our current cat, loves to go out there and watch and listen to everything.
            Paul

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

​Paul is that a custom made kitty perch? My dog lays on the top of the couch cushions looking out onto the street so he does not miss anything.

Comment

Very good, Fred, but his given name is Mr. Bojangles which he had when we adopted him when he was 6 months old. We like the name but it had too many syllables, so we just call him BJ for short.
              Paul

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
              I wonder if its name is Katinger... My dog looks out window onto our patio. Her eyesight is so good she could be looking at anything. I have even seen her chase a mosquito.

Comment

Does he dance?
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

No, but if you come here and make fun of him, he'll bite you!
                  Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  Does he dance?
                  Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                    No, but if you come here and make fun of him, he'll bite you! Paul
                    Rolling on the bed laughing...

Comment

• Originally posted by fdieck View Post
                      Rolling on the bed laughing...
                      ​Awesome job Kole, sorry to disrail your thread but fdieks post is great.

Comment

• I blame Kittenger's Kat, which is 50% more alive than Schrödinger's Cat. I have seen a black widow spider up close in my house and am sure the speaker will be visually impressive.

Comment

• Highly recommended for buffing out final paint. She has had spiders in her hair before....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                            Does he dance?
                            Wolf
                            He only dances with Wolf's.

Comment

• A little progress this weekend. We have one enclosure completed and the other is about a day behind. Here are some pics.

Forgot to post a picture of this last time. Yes, there have been a few mistakes. Most of them we have been fixable, some we are just gonna have to live with due to the time constraint. This run wet sanded out and is hardly noticable now.

After the buffing was completed on the first cabinet, wires were twisted (Kole thinks that cool and fun) and then the wires were soldered to the drivers, followed by some silicone around the wires for the tweeter to make sure we didn't have more then two ports in the enclosure.

And here is the first one back at the house. It's assembled and ready for the crossovers. Still need to test this speaker with the prototype crossover but suspect it should be good to go. Kole will be soldering the final crossovers next weekend. As for the new red, both of us like this one much better.

If you look at the upper right of the red insert on this next photo, you can see the Omni-Mic in the reflection. Yea, we're bragging. It's a ton of work but the end result will leave you beaming with pride.

Stands would have been a cool addition for MWAF but it's clear now that they are not happening. We'll work towards some after we get back. I may go ahead and buy one more of these adjustable stands we've been using and bring the pair of them for the contest. At least this way, we can get them to the proper height.

Also wanted to take the time to say "Thank You" to Brian (bcodemz) for the buffer. It has worked out great! Wish I could have done a better job on your speakers but there was a learning curve involved and your speakers were so small that if you blinked you would miss the fact that one side was complete already. Ended up purchasing some different pads and polish for Kole's project and that has helped a lot.

My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                              Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                              Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                              The Archers
                              Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                              The Gandalf's

Comment

• Those turned out beautifully. Everything about them is attractive, from the distinctive shape to the chamfered edges and driver holes to the color scheme to the gorgeous finish. Both of you should be very proud.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X