Stereo Bluethooth speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Bluethooth speakers

I'm having a hard time finding any information on this subject, surely it has been covered here but he search function of this site has a lot to be desired. OK, I would like to build some "stereo" bluetooth speakers. I'm not sure that this can be done in stereo, I don't really want to go the mono route. Can this be done? I have seen some on the net, they were true stereo and they were also two units. My only concern right now is the electronics involved for the stereo bluetooth and the the amps to power the units. I'll get into the speakers and crossover part after I figure this part out first.

Yesterday I just ordered a TPA3116 50x2 Bluetooth miniamp for US$58 for my gazebo. From doukmall on ebay - they have a good rep. Going to use my spare pair of TB 1611SA's for this setup.

Comment

I have never seen the electronics for what you are speaking. My dad has a oontz of some kind and it does what you are speaking. Would be real neat to have that capability.

Good luck!!
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

[QUOTE=joeybutts;n1331293]I have never seen the electronics for what you are speaking. My dad has a oontz of some kind and it does what you are speaking. Would be real neat to have that capability.

Good luck!![/QUOTE

Yes, in the Bluetooth world it seems to be mono only. No stereo and no way to pair two speakers as far as I can tell.

Comment

The Bluetooth signal is stereo, but you can only have one receiver, so all of the electronics needs to be in one of the speakers. You can run wires from the "main" speaker to the other for stereo, which isn't truly wireless but in practice its not a big deal. If you really want wireless, just use the WFA02 module, which is IP-based. The WFA02 allows channel pairing so one of the speakers can be designated as "left" and the other as "right".

​There is a tutorial on wireless audio at Audiodevelopers that may help you understand the issues better: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/67-2/. I've got two versions of WFA02-based speakers that are getting completed for the case studies--there will be some pictures posted in the next few days.
          Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Well, I have somewhere to start now. I'm sure I will have more questions after I continue the research. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X