Place to have MDF cut and delivered?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to have MDF cut and delivered?

Anyone fine a good place that can cut mdf and have it shipped? I have a table saw, but it is a smaller one, and I don't have a large vehicle. I would be nice to have the wood cut down a bit from a 4 x 8 to say a 24 x 48 pieces. I know home depot can do it, but I live a little far from home depot, lowes etc..
    On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

my HD has that size already pre-cut .
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

Is there anyone near you that is probably using full sheets of mdf? Cabinet shop? A place like that might be able to source it and break it down a bit for you for less than it would cost to buy it and have it custom cut and shipped. Or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neis View Post
        Is there anyone near you that is probably using full sheets of mdf? Cabinet shop? A place like that might be able to source it and break it down a bit for you for less than it would cost to buy it and have it custom cut and shipped. Or close to it.

This is the way to do it. Shipping heavy items takes a crippling toll on the pocketbook. But almost any community has somebody who makes cabinets. Ripping your 4'X8' sheets down to more manageable 12"x24" pieces would be a piece of cake for them. Don't forget to take them a case of beer, though.

My HD and Lowes both have 12"x24" pieces in plywood and mdf.

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

But the closest one that is near me also carries 24 x 48, but I noticed it's at a premium price. A full sheet is much cheaper by the foot. I guess next time I go to HD I can have them rip them down. I think they still do that for a minimal charge.
          On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

i believe HD will make a couple cuts for you .
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

At my HD the 2x4 handy panels are exactly 1/4 the cost of a full sheet. When I purchase 5/8" mdf I just have them cut it down into 4 2x4 sheets.
              "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
              The Roxster
              Swopes 5.0
              Acoustic Panels
              Living Room Make Over

Comment

Around here HD charges 2x to 3x more per SF for their "2x4 hands panels" than they do for full sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyhands View Post
                  Anyone fine a good place that can cut mdf and have it shipped? I have a table saw, but it is a smaller one, and I don't have a large vehicle. I would be nice to have the wood cut down a bit from a 4 x 8 to say a 24 x 48 pieces. I know home depot can do it, but I live a little far from home depot, lowes etc..
                  ​Where are you located? I am in Ocean County , N.J. I would be glad to help you or any other forum member with this issue. Shipping would not be an option
                  because of weight unless you just wanted baffles.

Comment

ive got a ton of 3/4" mdf that never works for what I need. Let me know what sizes you need and cover shipping and it's yours.
                    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

When i a have a 4x8 sheet cut down , before the first cut is made I use a pencil to run a mark all away around outer edges , this marks the factory edges that you know are true/straight ,what cuts HD or Lowes does will not be true/straight .
                      donc

Comment

Working...
                      X