Peal and stick flooring...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peal and stick flooring...

Makes a great cheap finish. Even adds to the damping. Paint the front and back floor the sides and in an easy weekend have a nice speaker box.

Guess I'm not picturing what this stuff is and how it's being used. Got a link?

I like it when new uses are found for things intended for something else. DIY baby.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Originally posted by scholl View Post
      Makes a great cheap finish. Even adds to the damping. Paint the front and back floor the sides and in an easy weekend have a nice speaker box.

So, you must have done it - how about some pictures?

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

PEEL and stick vinyl flooring is easy to use, but I prefer to install it on the floor where it belongs. However, they do stock quite a variety of very attractive vinyl wraps here at PartsExpress

Comment

Maybe good for small speakers where a single floor tile/plank could cover the entire side of the cabinet. I've seen a few larger cabinets built with flooring on them, and because of the seams, they definitely looked like someone installed flooring on them.

We have vinyl plank flooring in our bathroom, it is pretty good stuff, especially for the price it is very durable and water proof.
          Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

The tops of my Singularity speakers are covered with this material, big enough piece for no seams. They double as plant stands, very practical. Also my Table Tuba is a combination of wood frames with floor tile panels. You can look up the old thread to see it.

Comment

My 442's are done with vinyl flooring. It wasn't peel n' stick, I used 3M 90 spray glue. Deadens the heck out of the box, adds a crap ton of weight.
              A mains
              The Ventures
              Open Invit8tions
              RSR
              Sound Troopers
              Acorns
              DGBG's
              The Monuments

Comment

I used engineered flooring for these, about 13mm thick on the sides, top, bottom, and back.
                If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Thumper, do you have a build thread for that one? I didn't find it in your signature.
                  Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                    Thumper, do you have a build thread for that one? I didn't find it in your signature.

No, I don't believe I got that posted.
                    If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                    What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                    It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

There is a multitude of cork flooring colors and finishes available. If you haven't ever seen the stuff, it has a natural appearance that resembles a cross between wood grain and marble. I've always thought that it may make an interesting veneer for furniture and speaker projects.

Comment

Working...
                      X