No announcement yet.

OT Allergies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lived with seasonal allergies since I was a teenager, it hits me every Springtime, usually lasts about 6 - 8 weeks. I sneeze and blow my nose a lot, but other than that, I've learned to live with it. I will take over the counter medicines if I really need them, but the only ones that really work always seem to have side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_a
      I guess I'm lucky I got through my seasonal allergy hell in my youth. Even with this year's pollen assault for the ages, I've been pretty good so far. A couple of days of itchy eyes and the occasional sneeze on the commute home but not too bad overall. shawn
      Yeppers. I mowed lots of Bermuda Grass lawns in 60s & 70s, so perhaps I got it out of my system. My Wife went to Doc a week ago, as she'd been sneezing & was clearing throat far more than usual for 3 weeks. The culprit turned out to be cotton from Q-Tips in ears. Though glands weren't swollen, it was necessary to start taking antibiotics for ear infection & she's not had allergy-like symptoms since. So - Tip'o'th'day; Have someone peak in your ears with decent loupe or magnifying glass. -- Hiya JohnK - You know me as "wax" on the fc site. ;) - via phone

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_a
        I guess I'm lucky I got through my seasonal allergy hell in my youth. Even with this year's pollen assault for the ages, I've been pretty good so far. A couple of days of itchy eyes and the occasional sneeze on the commute home but not too bad overall. shawn
        Yeppers. I mowed lots of Bermuda Grass lawns in 60s & 70s, so perhaps I got it out of my system. My Wife went to Doc a week ago, as she'd been sneezing & was clearing throat far more than usual for 3 weeks. The culprit turned out to be cotton from Q-Tips in ears. Though glands weren't swollen, it was necessary to start taking antibiotics for ear infection & she's not had allergy-like symptoms since. So - Tip'o'th'day; Have someone peak in your ears with decent loupe or magnifying glass. -- Hiya JohnK - You know me as "wax" on the fc site. ;) - via phone

Comment

Crikey - Formatting's gone to hades. - - - Beyond the wet season, one culprit is less attention paid to weeds by the-price-is-right "landscaping" crews than in the past. The likelihood that weeds are mowed/mulched instead of pulled, sprayed, chopped, let alone bagged is unfortunately much higher than bygone times. - via phone

Comment

I never had allergies until I was an adult. One day at age 22 I just got slammed, eyes turned blood red, itched beyond belief and sneezing and runny nose like made. They now vary from year to year. Claritin or Zyrtec daily and see how that goes. If not help, go to an allergy doctor and find out what you are allergic to. Also, be mindful of what you eat and see if any patterns are related to eating: milk products, wheat products, yeast. Get a neti pot and wash out your sinuses twice daily. Neti pots work really well.

Comment

I have slowly gotten relief, got prescrip. Flonaise and a generic over the counter allergy med. Next year I will look into allergy shots to head it off before becoming
              ​basically dysfunctional for almost 2 weeks. I felt kike I had the flu for 10 days, symptons feeling weak, bright light was blinding, unable to eat, naeusa, vomiting
              ​earache, runny nose, unable to catch my breath after lite physical activity. Before I myself started to have allergies I used to think people were being hypocondriacts
              ​and wuss'es, boy was I totally wrong. Gonna try the sinus wash, cant hurt. Thanks for all the suggestions, worked 4 days in a row, my wallet is feeling better too.

Comment

Working...
              X