Cabinet for NE225W-04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet for NE225W-04

Would anyone have suggestions or experience with a reflex/vented cabinet design for the Vifa/Peerless NE225W-04?

We used that in a 1.2 cubic foot cabinet tuned to 32Hz. Great bass.

Where are you sourcing your 4 Ohm NE225?

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

Used in 1.4cf, also tuned to 32Hz.

Comment

I bought them several years ago from PE. Any suggestions for the vent dimensions?

Comment

Next time, I'd go 1.4cf w/a 3" Precision Port (or equiv.), 8" long (I'd tune a tad higher - mid 30s probably).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
            Next time, I'd go 1.4cf w/a 3" Precision Port (or equiv.), 8" long (I'd tune a tad higher - mid 30s probably).

How would a slot port 1.25" x 8" x 15 1/2" work in 1.4 cf? do you prefer the precision port?

Comment

Pretty much the same (more flow than the 3" round, so longer . . . ). A "PrePort" is probably the easiest way (construction wise) to get a shorter vent that's less prone to chuff. I'll call.

Comment

Working...
              X