No announcement yet.

Lost Another....Chris Cornell of Soudgarden/Audioslave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep...gonna miss that voice and what could have been more of Soundgarden goodness...

Comment

Originally posted by mzisserson View Post

It is fully possible to be surrounded by people who love you and feel completely alone and not a part of the world.

People with deprission and mental issues are genuinely ill and the war that rages inside is not unlike running a marathon with your shoes tied together while everyone watches from the sideline puzzled at how someone so smart, talented, caring, and admired cannot simply run.

One person I know wishes they were missing a limb because then people could understand how hard it is to interact with the world.

It gets tiring, the deamons are always there, and many end up being overtaken well before there time. Sadly, it always suprises thise closest to the individual.

A little kindness in the world goes a long way, and we never know the battles anyone is fighting. People say it so much, but it is often cliche: Celebrate each moment, you never know when that moment can be your last, or can make someone's life.

Glad you brought this up, though OT and somewhat uncomfortable for a lot of people, it should be discussed and better understood.
      I agree, depression is a silent equal opportunity killer. Not many people struggling with it share to anyone how they are feeling, maybe a lot to do with the stigma of mental illness in
      ​general. That was a shock to hear suicide from someone that appeared to really have his act together, I don't think he had substance abuse issues but I don't know.
      ​I have sympathy for his family and the ones he leaves behind.

Comment

I may be way off base but it sure seems that many, many performers, actors and musicians, are very insecure and suffer from mental demons, yet they go out and display their skills to the public when one might assume that would be the last thing they would ever want to willingly do.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
          I may be way off base but it sure seems that many, many performers, actors and musicians, are very insecure and suffer from mental demons, yet they go out and display their skills to the public when one might assume that would be the last thing they would ever want to willingly do.
          Paul
          That's just it. For many of them it is simply about touching peoples lives and moving people in a way they wish they could be moved. I think that is what can provide the courage to prefirm as they do. While I am comfortable speaking to a room of people, I could not imagine a stadium full of fans wating for my every breath.

Depression/suicide has been a large part of music from the beginning. Sadly.

Fame. Fortune....Meaningless to a lot of artists who suffer. There is no armored car in a funeral presession.

Comment

Chris Cornell was a very talented and powerful vocalist.

Fell on Black Days:
            http://playithub.com/watch/ySzrJ4GRF...lack-days.html

Rusty Cage:
            http://playithub.com/watch/pBZs_Py-1...usty-cage.html

I was just wondering, I haven't listened to it in a while. Has anyone listened to spoonman on a really good system?
            -Dan
            Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

I you haven't heard his Higher Truth album you should give it a listen.

Matthew
              BSME
              Kannapolis NC

Comment

I have a feeling the prescription drug he was on, Ativan, had a strong hand in it. Or put another way, had he not taken any Ativan, he would be still here with us. His wife knew something was wrong with the slurred speech on the phone and then asked security to check on him. Apparently he was pretty clean and sober since 2002, and Ativan is a very strong anti-anxiety drug.

"Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects: confusion, depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;"

"Tell your doctor right away if you have any unlikely but serious side effects, including: mental/mood changes (such as hallucinations, depression, thoughts of suicide), slurred speech or difficulty talking"

Comment

Working...
                X