No announcement yet.

Way OT--refrigerator problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because they don't drink it themselves, that's why it's kept around so long.

Comment

How about hard liquor? I have a bottle of Konyagi from Kenya, back from when my wife and I lived there over 2 decades ago. It's distilled from sugar cane and name probably derives from cognac. Probably more valuable as a souvenir than a drink anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
        How about hard liquor? I have a bottle of Konyagi from Kenya, back from when my wife and I lived there over 2 decades ago. It's distilled from sugar cane and name probably derives from cognac. Probably more valuable as a souvenir than a drink anyway.
        You're more than smart enough to figure out the answer to that question.

Comment

Well, have a problem(s) with a Samsung, with all them bells and whistles, and thank god the wife wanted the extended warranty! The repairman was just about to move in, saves time, when the warranty service said they will replace the "frig from hell" with a new one. Now I just hope not to relive this episode.
          Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
          DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
          Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Ah, the wonders of modern life! My new LG smart refrigerator shows up to all of my friends and neighbors as a selectable WiFi station. Yes, I can turn it off, but every time we get a power glitch (this is rural Arkansas), it turns itself back on.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Brines View Post
              Ah, the wonders of modern life! My new LG smart refrigerator shows up to all of my friends and neighbors as a selectable WiFi station. Yes, I can turn it off, but every time we get a power glitch (this is rural Arkansas), it turns itself back on.

Bob
              That's so they can see what's in your fridge in case they need to come borrow something... Look on the bright side it should cut down on the "Is your refrigerator running?" Prank calls.

Comment

Since it is power supply related problem so it is difficult problem I think. Main work of inverter is supplying required power in required amount........ and that power goes through your board. I assume your board is not supplying the required power thats why some ICs are not working properly.
                Last edited by vpdavid; 09-19-2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I just had (again) a problem with my fridge spilling water on the floor, it's a whirlpool I think but it's similar for several fridges.

They use a duck-bill grommet to get the water out of the freezer to the drain pan and it gets clogged with gunk and gets sticky, so it won't open up to let the water pass. It's supposed to open up a little when enough water is in it, but it really is a poor design. Aware of their mistake, they came up with a replacement part that is essentially a J-trap like a sink drain that fastens right to the drain opening and screws right to the drain pan assembly, so no warm air makes it into the freezer compartment.

REALLY should have been this way from the factory. I called and insisted that Whirlpool pay for the repair but they said their computers were down and I ended up buying it for $25 online and I'll install it myself. 1-2 hours each time this has to be fixed. Empty the fridge, take the bottom freezer section half apart, heat it up (used a small space heater this time instead of heat gun) and wait until the ice melts. I used hot water too, but I still needed some extra heat to avoid it taking all day. Sheesh! Other than that, it's a good fridge, I like the bottom freezer since as a big guy, I hate bending over to get stuff from the bottom of the fridge.

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Tom
                    that's the exact same problem I had, and I also thought it was a simple fix, but you can read what happened to me above, wound up with a $400 repair. I bought the same J trap you describe. When you put that on, you first put a short sleeve over the nipple that carries the condensation down, then the j tube goes over that. It's a very tight fit and I had trouble getting it on over that sleeve. The repair man got it on but said you must stretch it.
                    Good luck, and stay away from the inverter board, which is a plastic box housing on the side of the compressor.
                    Also, I did have to remove the freezer drawer (which is a pain) but I didn't melt the ice in the bottom. I just banged it with my fist and it cracked into shards I could pick up. Much faster.

Comment

Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid are both Whirpool products, bet they are the same inside. Lots of you tube videos on this repair.

Comment

Working...
                      X