No announcement yet.

OT: I Had To Put My Dog Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beau - thanks for the moving account. Been there, cried there. The little ones are absolutely our family, and teach us about unconditional love.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I am so sorry. I told my wife when my dog goes she will have to put me to sleep. I sometimes think my dog loves me more than my wife and mother combined. I never imagined a dog could mean as much as she does and my wife brought her home without asking me.

Comment

In all honesty, you might be right. A dog's love for its guardian is unconditional. They only hope for kindness, care and love in return and never, ever judge or criticize you. They don't care whether you're rich or poor, whether you're good looking or not, or about what clothes you wear, or about the size of your home or the make of your car. Just give them a comfy place to sleep, make sure they have food and water, play with them, take care of their health and keep them safe. Most of all, love them.
        Paul

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
        I am so sorry. I told my wife when my dog goes she will have to put me to sleep. I sometimes think my dog loves me more than my wife and mother combined. I never imagined a dog could mean as much as she does and my wife brought her home without asking me.

Comment

Beau, I felt the pain in your words. I feel so sorry for your loss. Labs are awesome and Cole sounds like a terrific companion. We lost Plato (our 90# yellow lab) about 3 months ago after a full 13 year life. It does get easier, but grieving takes time. He will always have a special place in your heart. My prayers are with you.

Comment

Dreamt about my dog being better place after he passed away. I still think about him
            On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you.

I am honored and so very fortunate to have been Cole's owner (or as I told my wife, his Dad). He was a noble, regal "old soul".

I appreciate your kind and generous comments.

In each of your lives, I hope you have at least one relationship like this. I now better understand the concept of unconditional love, after having been its recipient.

Beau
              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

So sorry for your loss Beau. Take care.
                Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                Sonata Soundbar Project
                The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Dam, brother. Dam.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Been married to the same woman close to 30 years now, and in that time we've always had a dog (or two) in the house. To ease the pain when they passed, I'd tell myself it was only a dog. That was nothing but a ruse, cause in my heart I knew they were much, much more than a dog. If they had only been dogs, it wouldn't hurt so bad when they left.

The two Sheba Inus we now have are nearing their latter years, it will be a sad day when they leave. But our family has recently grown by one chocolate labradoodle named Sadie, who immediately wrapped our hearts around her huge bright eyes. She's a daddy's girl ...and loves fishing to boot.

Why do we bring dogs into our homes, where their presence becomes as essential as hands on a clock, all why knowing they're going to leave us much too soon? I don't know. But I do know they love without compromises, and their memories will remain with me till I meet the same fate.

Sorry for your loss Beau.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

I'm awfully sorry for your loss, Beau.

Comment

Sad news indeed.

Our first dog was almost 17 when we had to make that trip to the vet and it took a long while to get over it.

The great racing driver Sir Jackie Stewart wrote in his autobiography 'Winning is Not Enough' that losing his dog was like losing a part of his soul, and this is as good a description as any about how it feels.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                        X