OT anyone else a "farmer"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT anyone else a "farmer"

I have a small yard but I do enjoy some agriculture , I grow Blueberries, Cherries, Spinach, Romaine and leaf lettuce, Zucchini and Eggplant. The rabbits really
    did a number on the lettuce this year, the wife said the rabbits she sees when walking the dog look well fed.

mmmmmmm blueberries. Just as they start to ripen, the birds eat every darn one. Then they poop on my truck.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

I have a small, raised-bed, vegetable/herb garden at the south wall of my garage. It's my first year with it, I have carrots, green beans, peas, tomatoes, broccoli, basil, rosemary, etc. Sunflowers in the back, and surrounded by marigolds.

Comment

Sunflowers?

We have 40 acres of sunflowers planted this year, and once they get big people driving by will stop and take pics almost every day!

Comment

Wife and I keep getting a little more into it every year. Last year we got 9 chickens, this year 5 apple trees. When we moved here 5 years ago we started a large garden (60ftx60ft) and large raised strawberry bed.

Comment

I understand that garden-fed rabbits make for some fine eatin'.
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Comment

We grow/have grown potatoes in car tyres (three tyres high, filled with soil); a nice crop of corn, the usual herbs and tomatoes, snow peas, lettuces and rocket. Less success with fruit as the birds get most of it when it starts to ripen. Corn was surprisingly easy to grow but potatoes take a bit more effort.

We only have a small garden but you can grow quite a bit when you try.

Geoff

Comment

Surrounded by Electric Fence
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2759E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1336003
                "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I read a great book recently, that while related more to agriculture than gardens, still has lessons to apply. When you first start reading you'll think "yeah yeah we know this already" but I guarantee by the end it will change your methods.

https://www.amazon.com/Growing-Revol...l+back+to+life
                  ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
                  DriverVault

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
                    I understand that garden-fed rabbits make for some fine eatin'.
                    ​Yeah, I was thinking of putting on my Elmer Fud hat and having me some wabbit but since the lettuce and spinach are gone they have not been a problem.

Comment

Here's my meager garden which is actually getting larger year by year. I call it the salsa garden for the simple reason that its just a bunch of tomatoes, peppers and onions. Oh, and the broccoli is this year's experiment in Can I Grow That or Not. The biggest threat to it this year has been me trampling plants. The new boy in the pack (the picture that is not of a garden) has learned that doing a commando crawl under the garden fence is not accepted behavior.
                      My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Comment

When i saw "farmers" in quotes I thought this might be about Colorado or Washington "farmers" haha
                        ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
                        DriverVault

Comment

When it comes to farming, I'm outstanding in my field.

Your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by augerpro View Post
                            When i saw "farmers" in quotes I thought this might be about Colorado or Washington "farmers" haha
                            ​My farmer friend in California grows a bumper crop each year.

Comment

Just peppers this year, 45-50 plants. Two Carolina Reapers, hope they are real Sometimes the rabbits get into to them, but so far this year they are ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X