Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Audio SPA250DSP 250W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier with DSP

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-dsp--300-8010

Just in stock.... Incredible flexibility for under $200.

Will be available at the Midwest Audio Fest!

Oh sweet Moses! Just read thru the pdf. If this was available a couple of months ago, I'd have snatched it instead of the inuke!
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Beautiful! Now add to the product line a 2ch and 3ch unit that work up to 20kHz for 2 and 3-way speakers and we'll laughing!
      Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Looks like it actuallg has some useful dsp unlike the bigger dsp plate amps 1200dsp and 2400dsp.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbouma View Post
          Looks like it actuallg has some useful dsp unlike the bigger dsp plate amps 1200dsp and 2400dsp.
          What's not useful about the SPA1200DSP or SPA2400DSP? This product as well as the higher power versions both have 5 band PEQ with limiters...what am I missing?
          Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

I believe this offering is in response to our criticism of the series of plate amps that came out a while ago with very unflexible fixed x-over settings.

Good job PE!
            Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

This is definitely a step in the right direction. A 2 and 3 channel version would be really great, and I bet really popular.

Documentation says 7 bands of PEQ, I only see 5. Am I missing something? More/steeper cutoff slopes would be nice, too.

Comment

Originally posted by emilime75 View Post
                Documentation says 7 bands of PEQ, I only see 5. Am I missing something? More/steeper cutoff slopes would be nice, too.
                Yeah, I need to clarify that a little.

The PC interface has a 5 band parametric EQ...

There is also a seperate 2 band EQ accessible through the LCD display on the amp itself. It's more for making adjustments on the fly. You can even save 3 presets that you can set for specific situations (music, movie, party... For example).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Perez View Post

Yeah, I need to clarify that a little.

The PC interface has a 5 band parametric EQ...

There is also a seperate 2 band EQ accessible through the LCD display on the amp itself. It's more for making adjustments on the fly. You can even save 3 presets that you can set for specific situations (music, movie, party... For example).
                  Cool! This is one I will consider buying. It has enough features and flexibility to be useful to me. And the price is right.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Just noticed that the warranty is 5 years!? Even better. When did the warranty for electronics become this extended? Did I miss something?

Comment

Thats a nice option to have for a single sub . 2 channels would be a huge improvement. I like the inuke but the lighting and color is not ideal for my setup. I think most people use 2 subs here or need 2 channels for active woofers for left/right channel. I have two 8" HF subs im running off of a carver 2ch amp and straight out of my reciever and its pretty nice so far.
                      My Build Thread's
                      Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

1. Is there anyway to set the subsonic filter below 25hz?

2. Why don't you have more plate amps with subsonic filters below 20hz?

3. Will there be a 500-600w version soon?

Comment

Originally posted by vapor602 View Post
                          1. Is there anyway to set the subsonic filter below 25hz?

2. Why don't you have more plate amps with subsonic filters below 20hz?

3. Will there be a 500-600w version soon?
                          I'd suggest that you can turn off the subsonic filter and use one of the PEQ bands for your low frequency cutoff, as they have a min freq of 10Hz.

Comment

May I ask you all a question regarding this plate amplifier?

I have (almost literally) fallen heir to a very interesting subwoofer (prototype) project, in the form of a large-ish, and very heavy MDF box loaded with a couple of 15 inch, Italian (SICA) DVC subwoofers of -- ahh -- rather robust construction.

DSC_8307 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

One is conventionally mounted in the front baffle of the enclosure, the other one (shown above) is mounted so as to fire into the (otherwise sealed) enclosure from the bottom as shown (with the back of the basket hangin' out in the breeze, beneath the subwoofer). The subwoofer encosure sits on a solid MDF base, which is a few inches "below" the bottom mounted woofer (i.e., the one shown in the photo).

Here's a "side view" of the bottom woofer in situ.

DSC_8309 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

So, the deal here is that the four voice coils can be connected in various series or parallel combinations "for best results". Some of the possible permutations of VC connection could result in a nominal load impedance of 2 ohms (if memory serves).

I had been thinking of getting one of the Behringer iNuke DSP amplifiers to begin to experiment with this behemoth -- but then I saw this new PartsExpress ("Dayton Audio" brand) plate amp with DSP and thought, hmm, that might be at least as good of a choice.

I mentioned it to the "source" of the subwoofer project, and his response was:

"...suggest you go with the Parts Express plate amp. You'll have a great user community available to you..."

This was impetus enough for me to (finally) join this forum and ask you all if you knew about the impedance capability of this new amplifier?

Thanks for your attention and for any advice/information anyone here could supply.

Comment

The new amp is capable of a 4ohm load minimum.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                              X