x over education.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x over education.

Hello all. I know nothing of xover designing. Where can 1 find some good reading on learning how to design them? I've built many speakers and assembled some xovers in various kits. Thanks.

Hello,

Right at the beginning of this forum you have a sticky topic with a lot of useful information.

Good Luck,
    Alex

Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation

Comment

"SpeakerBuilding 201" (avail. @ PE) is a GREAT book that introduces you to MOST aspects of speaker design (and construction).

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRivera View Post
        Hello,

Right at the beginning of this forum you have a sticky topic with a lot of useful information.

Good Luck,
        Alex
        Unfortunately, a lot of those links are broken and dead ends. Not much help.

Comment

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/.../filter_1.html
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Way to go ELI the ICE man.

Comment

ELI the ICE man

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Courtesy of David Weems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weems nomograph.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1338875

Comment

You might want to play around with my crossover simulator program (free, Windows) XSim, you can easily play with topologies and see and get a feel for what the effects of varying component values do -- often not what you might expect!

http://libinst.com/Xsim/XSimSetup.exe
                    Last edited by bwaslo; 07-15-2017, 04:03 PM. Reason: man, I wish this forum software didn't strip off most of posted links! I added the actual link in plaintext
                    Free & Free-form simulator/designer for Passive Crossovers
                    SynergyCalc 5: design spreadsheet for Wooden horns and DIY Synergy Waveguides
                    Super easy and cheap to make high performance sound diffusers

Comment

Working...
                    X