Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is with rock stars not being able to cope ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is with rock stars not being able to cope ?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ington-suicide
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

I honestly dont know... You must really feel bad when you want to end your life while being a father of 6 children. I listened to quite some the Linkin Park songs in the past. Sad to see him go.

Comment

Wow. Did not see that one coming. Only 41. Hopefully his family can cope with his loss.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

His childhood will filled with abuse, violence, drugs and repeated rape. If you don't deal with or unpack that properly depression will eventually win. It is that time that when depression is fighting its battle that causes the most havoc and destroys families. Don't deal with stuff like that, start your own family and those traits of your childhood will follow and likely to some extent be repeated.
        "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
        The Roxster
        Swopes 5.0
        Acoustic Panels
        Living Room Make Over

Comment

It seems that many performers, actors and musicians, are inherently very insecure or suffer from some sort of mental problem, yet they go out and put themselves on stage or film to perform because when they do so, they are no longer themselves or suffer from their problems. At some point, though, everything catches up with some of them and performing is no longer a release or a comfort.
          Paul

Comment

Very sad.

I think many have a gift and see things different. A few very dark people I know have the brightest and most beautiful soul. Yet they battle their deamons daiy. Some just lose that battle.

Many lose daily. But due to the benevolant dolphin effect, it seems rockstars have it the worst.

Comment

I don't imagine their life style and their work schedule (when on tour) helps the situation.
              Expensive caps need time to break in. More expensive caps take a long time. Cheap caps sound great right out of the box.

Why I don't spray in first gear: http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...t=100_2585.mp4

Comment

Mental illness is not unlike physical illness, they both illnesses. If you have heart disease or diabetes, you can still use your mental faculties to correct your physical shortcomings or get help. When your mind is affected, what do you use? This is why it's hard for us to understand why these people kill themselves when they have all the fame and money we'll never come close to.
                Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                Sonata Soundbar Project
                The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Every singer started off absolutely loving the creation of music. But, as soon as that signature is laid down on the record deal, tremendous pressure sets in to interfere with the joy of making music. This is sad, because Linkin Park is the only "scream-o" I actually like and he is truly rare and talented in the art of combining different styles effectively.

It is unfortunate that the music industry seems to churn artists, that no matter how good or popular you are, you will only get to be on the top for a few short years before you're left in the dust. It must be really hard for artists to slip from the top and not only never get back, but be on a constant decline in popularity no matter how hard they try. Must be even harder for rock artists given their persona. I hope for the best for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by bcodemz View Post
                    Every singer started off absolutely loving the creation of music. But, as soon as that signature is laid down on the record deal, tremendous pressure sets in to interfere with the joy of making music. This is sad, because Linkin Park is the only "scream-o" I actually like and he is truly rare and talented in the art of combining different styles effectively.

It is unfortunate that the music industry seems to churn artists, that no matter how good or popular you are, you will only get to be on the top for a few short years before you're left in the dust. It must be really hard for artists to slip from the top and not only never get back, but be on a constant decline in popularity no matter how hard they try. Must be even harder for rock artists given their persona. I hope for the best for the family.
                    ​Really, you think he was an artist in decline? What planet do you live on. Just as hard to reconcile Chris Cornell choice but declining career is not part of the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

​Really, you think he was an artist in decline? What planet do you live on. Just as hard to reconcile Chris Cornell choice but declining career is not part of the narrative.
                      Oh wow, he's still topping the charts. I didn't know, my bad. Other than him, I don't think I can name anyone else that is still consistently topping charts after 15 years, or even 10 years for that matter. Even 5 years is tough. Almost every artist in the past 10-15 years or so that have topped the billboard 100 charts have gone away after 2-3 years. I assumed it happened to Linkin Park too.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Decline is relative. It means different things to different people. My own personal opinion is that yes, his career was absolutely in a decline. Maybe he thought so too or maybe he didn't. Or maybe his career as a musician didn't matter to him at all. He may have found personal satisfaction or valued his self worth in other ways from other things. One's own perception of their life is their reality regardless of how others may view them or their existence. Whether mental illness played a part or whether it was just a very bad situation that we are unaware of, it's safe to assume that in his own mind, his life was terrible and the thought of death was more comforting than his own perception of his life and the things he believed to be terrible problems.
                        Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Merlot
                        Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's,
                        Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's,
                        MiniDSP 2x8, class D amplification

Sennheiser HD650's

Comment

I had considered the OP's question numerous times and finally came to the conclusion that the same access to the raw, unchecked emotion required to take one's own life is exactly what allowed them to express themselves in a way that connected with millions and be rock stars in the first place. Obviously, that's not true for all rock stars and not all people deeply affected by their emotions are gifted enough in a medium to appeal to the masses, but I think there is substantial overlap between these subsets. Poets, painters, and artists in general seem more likely to take their own lives than other groups.

Dan
                          The Hurricanes
                          The Baronettes
                          Conneccentric
                          UX3

Comment

I was listening to their album 2 days ago to test my new build. My wife is in shock as she hadnt played it in yrs then we wake up to the news

Comment

"On minute you're on top....Thinking you're hot stuff....And then it's all- gone...."

I'm with Dan on this one. LP had the ability to portray their thoughts and feelings rather well through their music, sometimes very deeply. I spun up Meteora on the way to and from work today, and it's as plain as his heart on his sleeve. Chester didn't really bottle it up at all. It spewed forthright and churned and chugged to life through his music and on stage antics.

And in another direction- They had no genre to suit their style. 'Scream-o' (What a distasteful description, IMO, even though many use it. 'Headbanger' is also another derogatory unofficial genre term.) is really not what they were. They weren't hardcore, they weren't pop, they weren't rock, not punk, they weren't rapcore, and definitely were not emo; but a blended concoction of them all.

The only time I was pulled over for noise disturbance was when I was playing 'Crawling' on the system I had in the old Tempo.

Later,
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                              X