Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If anyone is interested in a relatively high sensitivity MTM on the cheap...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone is interested in a relatively high sensitivity MTM on the cheap...

Check out this little bugger, I'm kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

That response had my jaw on the floor when I was measuring it. I'd like to see some designs based around this guy.

http://www.parts-express.com/4-treat...6-ohm--299-320

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1340962.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1340965

-Your resident forum moderator/administrator dude guy.
    Your results may vary.

Description says "cloth surround" but picture shows what seems to be a rubber surround!

Comment

Picture looks like cloth to me. The price sure looks right.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
        Picture looks like cloth to me.
        Not when you zoom in. The listed 1mm xmax is a concern if accurate.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Cloth surround on these. Xmax was measured by us so it is accurate. High pass these and it won't matter, the idea is to use multiples.
          Your results may vary.

Comment

Nice, a cheap cheap 3-way could be made with these in an MTM, and maybe a Titan glitter woofer and a cheap neo tweeter like the BC25 or ND25
            Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

These could be a very nice MTM match with the ND25FW tweeters. I just finished a pair of MTM's using this waveguide tweeter and a pair of NLA Peerless buyout 6.5" woofers. These tweeters are a great performer at a low cost. Flat response and low distortion above 2500 Hz.
              Craig

Comment

I believe these guys are the manufacturer of this driver. Indian based company from the looks of it. Not sure what they were used in though. I'm guessing an MTM config considering the 16ohm load per driver. http://www.iwaispeakers.com

Comment

The surrounds almost look like a treated woven material

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas_23 View Post
                    I believe these guys are the manufacturer of this driver. Indian based company from the looks of it. Not sure what they were used in though. I'm guessing an MTM config considering the 16ohm load per driver. http://www.iwaispeakers.com

How many do you have, out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by spasticteapot View Post

PE has more than 8,000!
                      Last edited by thekorvers; 08-02-2017, 11:58 AM.
                      Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by spasticteapot View Post

I have not purchased any. 

Comment

I have a crisp 20 dollar bill for anyone who will design a budget MTM with these.

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                            Not when you zoom in. The listed 1mm xmax is a concern if accurate.
                            Yeah. Hope that's a typo. Otherwise, these might still make good midrange drivers.
                            Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                              I have a crisp 20 dollar bill for anyone who will design a budget MTM with these.
                              I wonder if PE/Matt can supply the impedance graph to model the XO (ex., ala PCD). They might be good for MTM surrounds as these woofers need some serious HP, maybe up at 200 hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X