Subwoofer design with lack of specs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer design with lack of specs?

Hey gang.... Gonna design a subwoofer enclosure for the backyard but have a big issue....I don't know the specs.

The most information I could find is here.....
    http://www.eaudio.co.nz/dd_1000_series.htm

I have the 10" iteration....

Other than that, I can't find anything else, and I have no means of measuring.

I'm not really looking for anything spectacular, just some low end fill. The enclosure will be tucked in a corner for boundary reinforcement.

So I guess, is there a "safe" way to design? DD has their box system but I want this to be tuned lower for more of a HT setting.... It will be paired with a set of Classix II, which do a fairly nice job full range.

Not against a TQWT, T-line, or any other designs away from large sealed or low tuned ported.....

Thanks!
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

The DD sub website has (or at least used to have) published designs, with dimentioned drawings.
    Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Do you think I should just use those specs, even though mine is from 2003? They say if you want a lower tuning add 6-8 inches to the port (duh) but was wondering if you guys thought I could just make some assumptions or if some generalizations could be made in the design of certain alignments.

Maybe I'll just go with the box recommendations and go low tuning......
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Originally posted by KEtheredge87
        I got curious and checked the website too.

https://ddaudio.com/products/subwoof...1000-series-2/

Hope this helps!
        Look in the DD Toolbox tab of the website - they have some plans and dimensions.

Comment

I only see one for a 10", meh.... I shot them an email to hopefully get some info..... Otherwise I'll go 1.5-2 cubes and tune to 22ish....and pray for luck. :p

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
            I only see one for a 10", meh.... I shot them an email to hopefully get some info..... Otherwise I'll go 1.5-2 cubes and tune to 22ish....and pray for luck. :p
            I thought you needed plans for a 10", what sub do you have?

Comment

Oops, my inflection didn't come across, sorry. I was sayin unfortunately there is only one design for a 10" which I'm sure is more suited for an auto environment.

Comment

Download and install REW (free), put together the impedance-measuring jig for REW (plans available on the Internet, and all you need is a resistor and some cables), and use REW to measure the t/s parameters for that subwoofer driver. Once you've got those, then it should be a lot easier to come up with a good alignment for it.
                Brian Steele
                www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Working...
                X