Tweeter Opinions???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeter Opinions???

I your opinions , Which type of tweeter is best. Paper Cone , Metal Cone , Metal Dome , Fabric Dome , Horns etc.???? Thanks...

Metal loaded into a horn.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

This is kind of like asking which car brand is best. Everyone has an opinion and there is not likely to be a lot of consensuses. There are real stellar performers in each design category. Better to ask what are the commonly acknowledged high performers and why are they popular?
      If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
      ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Which...56.11B4uFFW8cg
        Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by gregb. View Post
          I your opinions , Which type of tweeter is best. Paper Cone , Metal Cone , Metal Dome , Fabric Dome , Horns etc.???? Thanks...
          ​Each individual tweeter has to be evaluated on its own merits, regardless of the type material. Soft materials such as fabric are most often employed because of their compliance, lossiness. Paper cone tweeters are mostly extinct now, gone the way of the Dodo.

Comment

As a type of tweeter, ribbons shd be best, as the moving part has a much lower mass. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

If there was a 'best' it would be the only type made.
              www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Let me change your question into something people will enjoy answering...

What is the best tweeter for different types of applications?
                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

The best? Heck if I know. But you did ask for opinions. In my opinion, silk dome tweeters tend to be more forgiving and that's likely why they're more popular. Metal domes can have an edginess that many just can't come to terms with. This of course, isn't always the case. But a soft dome is for many, easier to listen to.

Comment

I like the ones that tweet.

Comment

As AE mentioned!
                      Wonder why paper is still for sale.
                      Then you think, well fullrange is a tweet.
                      Horns are long time popular for a reason.
                      There all popular for a reason.
                      I was just thinking of an old pair. How well the horn crossed with a big woofer. As an overall all around speaker. No sub, Two speakers for music n cinema!!
                      Best tweeters. Diamond tweeters!!! They last forever lol

Comment

After hearing many exceptional DIY speakers over the years, I would say the system designer's skill is much more important than the materials used in the tweeter. There are quite a few people here who could make most any reputable tweeter sing beautifully. I don't include myself in that group, but I'm working towards that goal.
                        Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Originally posted by KEtheredge87
                          I really liked the silk dome tweeters on some polk audio door speakers I owned, and I currently tolerate the metal dome tweeters in my truck's Kicker door speakers. I do find myself getting fatigued by the Kickers, where I do not remember any such fatigue from the Polk's.
                          I suspect these aren't fatiguing:
                          http://www.focal-america.com/product/kit-tbe/

It isn't so much what you make it from as how you make it. Still, I bet you could find plenty of tweeters at 1/10 the price that work just as well.

www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                            I suspect these aren't fatiguing: http://www.focal-america.com/product/kit-tbe/ It isn't so much what you make it from as how you make it. Still, I bet you could find plenty of tweeters at 1/10 the price that work just as well.
                            Please find them and let us know what they are.
                            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

All I bother to do with my cars is to make the sound tolerable. It's a method of transportation, not a listening room, and if I want to just listen I've got one of those too.
                              www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X