Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question-- Voxel and SA25 amp?

Hey guys,

I'm officially hooked on this speaker thing.

I finished some Bagsby Quarks this past month, and it was great...but lacking in low end.
    Now, I'm working on a Voxel speaker to compliment them.
    I bought the recommended parts for the Voxel, as well as a SA25 plate amplifier.

A few questions:
    1. Can you recommend a good 2.1 amplifier to drive the Quark and Voxel?
    I'd like it to be pretty nice looking and somewhat compact so that I can stick it in my office.
    2. There's two outputs on the SA25--do I use both? do I just use one output? Which one?
    3. Should I just nix the SA25 and just connect the terminals directly to the Tang Band driver?

Anyways, thanks in advance!

So, are you planning on not using the SA25? A 2.1 would drive the sub and the Quarks. If you use the SA25 for the sub, you can use a 2 channel for the Quarks. The new Lepai 2020TI would work with the SA25.

Comment

Um, I'm a complete neophyte.

How would I be able to use a 2 channel for the Quarks with a SA25?
      I have a SMSL 50 that I've been using for testing the Quarks and the Overnight sensations.

I'd gotten the SA25 because I heard that some cheaper 2.1 amps will reset the sub setting when turned off.
      Also, I figure that larger drivers may need more oomph for the low frequencies.

Comment

You can use your SMSL 50 with the SA25 too. The SA25 will power the sub and the SMSL 50 Will power the Quarks. You use the high level in/out on the SA25 to get signal from the SMSL 50. Here's a video to help explain.
        https://youtu.be/91HZdVv09jw

There is also a Voxel design that uses the SA70, check out post #17 of this http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...rom-here/page2 link.

Comment

D'oh!

There's a really good video done by Parts Express explaining this!
          I also noticed the nice little terminals built into place and ready for a simple crimp.

Thanks for putting up with my noobiness.

Comment

That's totally the video!

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X