Where is Leonard Audio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Leonard Audio?

Leonard Audio has a transmission line design program that I have wanted to download to my new computer, but whenever I try the site, it isn't found. Since Martin King closed off access to his work, this was one of the few available for TL design, and now it seems to have become NLA. Is anyone aware of what happened there?

I don't know why he abandoned the software/site.

I made an offline installer for it from my installation though, details in http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/softw...st5160274.html

Comment

It's spelled Lenard.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Leonard Audio is the correct spelling, Bill, also known simply as LA. Steve, you can still get Martin's software if you first become a member of his Yahoo Group. Go to Martin's website here: http://www.quarter-wave.com/ then click on his link to his Yahoo site to proceed.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
          I don't know why he abandoned the software/site.

I made an offline installer for it from my installation though, details in http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/softw...st5160274.html
          Thanks much for this. I'll try it tonight when I'm on my own computer (at work now).
          For clarification, all I need to do is extract the zip file to the correct directory and then double click on the application file?

Comment

Paul

I wrote a response to you but it disappeared, maybe I did something wrong.

I have tried to join Martin's Yahoo group and not gotten anywhere. It seems to be sealed up as well as everything else, so I was not able to get the tables that way. I will try again though. Thats why I have been interested in the Leonard audio program, and I bought a program called AJHorn that will also design them, but it still seems to me that Martin's work is superior.
            I have tried to raise him on here a few times and never gotten a response, but I do see him posting now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post

Thanks much for this. I'll try it tonight when I'm on my own computer (at work now).
              For clarification, all I need to do is extract the zip file to the correct directory and then double click on the application file?
              yes, you should be able to extract it to the C drive and then double click the application file, it should install using the files you just extracted (instead of downloading them from the now non existent LA site) and then startup as usual.

Comment

If you again aren't successful, let me know and I'll see if I can help you join his Yahoo group.
                Paul

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                Paul

I wrote a response to you but it disappeared, maybe I did something wrong.

I have tried to join Martin's Yahoo group and not gotten anywhere. It seems to be sealed up as well as everything else, so I was not able to get the tables that way. I will try again though. Thats why I have been interested in the Leonard audio program, and I bought a program called AJHorn that will also design them, but it still seems to me that Martin's work is superior.
                I have tried to raise him on here a few times and never gotten a response, but I do see him posting now and then.

Comment

Thanks Paul. I didn't have time last night to try, not sure if I will tonight either. 3113d00d, thanks also when I get time I will try this.
                  I have a suspicion that I already have a Yahoo groups membership, but I'm not certain.

Comment

Working...
                  X